Acura OEM Parts Sent Me The Wrong A-Spec Color Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura OEM Parts Sent Me The Wrong A-Spec Color Wheels

So I ordered a set of A-Spec rims from Delray Acura (acuraoemparts.com) and was looking specifically for the Gunmetal finish A-Spec rims. There's been so much confusion about which years/rims have the Gunmetal finish so I ended up asking Delray Acura about that before I placed the order. They told me that they had a 2005 set of A-Spec Gunmetal finish rims that would fit my car even though I had an 06. They also told me I could transfer the TPMS sensors over and still use the 05 rims. They even gave me an amazing price (so I thought) for a set of Gunmetal rims. I placed the order and even called them back multiple times after that just to make sure that the rims were in fact going to be Gunmetal finish rims. Each time they said that they were.

I got the rims and had the tires and rims mounted and put them on my car. I found out a little afterwards that my rims actually got scratched at the place I got them mounted so I decided to put some touch-up paint on the rims. When I got the touch-up paint found from a post on this forum, I saw that the color was much darker than the rims I had. Apparently, the rims I was sent were the Silver Sparkle finish and not the Gunmetal. I found out these rims are not only cheaper but I was also given the 05's and not the 06's. Basically, I was ripped off not only on the price but also on the rims itself

Can someone confirm from these pictures of my car that the rims are in fact the Silver Sparkle finish and not the Gunmetal?

Don't ever trust what dealers tell you about the A-Spec rim finishes!! I'm going to call a manager at Delray Acura tomorrow and tell them what happened. It sucks though because even if I get a new set of rims, I'll have to dish out more money to get my new rims mounted and balanced again.

Terrible!