Which 18" Wheels for NBP??

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2005, 11:47 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which 18" Wheels for NBP??

Which of the new '05 18" wheels would look better on my NBP? The ASpec "Platinum" finish or the Silver Sparkle? What does everyone think??

I lliked the 04 Gunmetals...but I doubt I could find them now...
Old 01-23-2005, 03:41 AM
Banned

The "SS". Are you buying A-Spec package or just rims cause those RonJon Inspyre's in 19" chrome are really killer on NBP's !!!
Old 01-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Acura_Kid
The "SS". Are you buying A-Spec package or just rims cause those RonJon Inspyre's in 19" chrome are really killer on NBP's !!!
Ultimately, I want the entire A-Spec package....although I'm probably gonna do it piecemeal. The "Platinum-look" wheels are the ones that come with total package, I think.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:00 PM
Advanced

Anything but those crappy looking dark grey and gunmetal colors.
Old 01-24-2005, 09:35 AM
Instructor

Question

I'm in the same situation. I have a NBP, and I'm contemplating getting the Aspec wheels. Since I haven't seen the "silver sparkle" rims in person, can someone tell me how the color compares to the silver 17" stock rims? Darker or same color, etc...

Thanks for any help out there!
Old 01-24-2005, 12:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cccjoecool
I'm in the same situation. I have a NBP, and I'm contemplating getting the Aspec wheels. Since I haven't seen the "silver sparkle" rims in person, can someone tell me how the color compares to the silver 17" stock rims? Darker or same color, etc...

Thanks for any help out there!
After some Googlin' some it sounds like "Sparkle Silver" is the same finish as the OEM 17" rims of the 2004 TL.

But I still ask the same question, why not get some aftermarket rims?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:47 PM
Instructor

After some Googlin' some it sounds like "Sparkle Silver" is the same finish as the OEM 17" rims of the 2004 TL.

But I still ask the same question, why not get some aftermarket rims?
Thanks for your input, bro.

Well, in terms of my taste in wheels, I have pretty conservative tastes . I generally prefer stock, but, for some reason, these A-spec designs really appeal to me. So, that's why I've looked at these first.

If you have any aftermarkets that you think might be worth a look (given that I'm not into any extreme looks), please let me know.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:40 PM
professional TL driver

Originally Posted by swtjazz
Anything but those crappy looking dark grey and gunmetal colors.
i really like my crappy gunmetal rims...

hmmmm must be me
Old 01-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, in terms of my taste in wheels, I have pretty conservative tastes . I generally prefer stock, but, for some reason, these A-spec designs really appeal to me. So, that's why I've looked at these first.

If you have any aftermarkets that you think might be worth a look (given that I'm not into any extreme looks), please let me know.
Considering the cost of OEM rims, why not look at the RonJons ..... specifically made for Honda/Acura. Check it out at http://ronjonwheels.com/wheels.html. Just a thought.
Old 01-24-2005, 08:12 PM
Banned

I think any of these below are better than A-Spec. Check out some of the online wheel shops, start at www.bigwheels.net

Old 01-24-2005, 09:18 PM
tgt
Instructor

Problem is if you've got a 6MT your 'nice' wheel options are VERY limited. I too think the 18" gunmetal wheels look very nice, and quite possibly the best 18" wheel that will work on a 6MT (at least currently).

-Travis
Old 01-25-2005, 02:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tgt
Problem is if you've got a 6MT your 'nice' wheel options are VERY limited. I too think the 18" gunmetal wheels look very nice, and quite possibly the best 18" wheel that will work on a 6MT (at least currently).

-Travis
Many will fit 6MT.

MM "Action" in anthracite

MM "EV 6"

Considering what is available the A-Spec just doesn't do it for me
Old 01-25-2005, 07:22 AM
tgt
Instructor

Many will fit 6MT.

MM "Action" in anthracite

MM "EV 6"

Considering what is available the A-Spec just doesn't do it for me
Heh, different strokes for different folks, obviously we all have different tastes. Is your car a 6MT and have you actually called around to see what will clear? I've been doing this for a month now and can't find a wheel that's clean, 8-8.5" wide, and will clear the brembos. The 'widening at the outside of the rim" wheels (many of which you listed above) similar to the Falken Torque 5, there are many of these style of wheels that fit. However, this look of wheel doesn't really do it for me on the TL (with it's body lines). Tirerack carries MM (the action, though a nice wheel, I don't like the flaring outward at the end), and they don't list the EV 6 as available. The other wheels you listed above (specifically the 3 or so forged and volk wheels) are at an obvious different price point. I will agree with you however, for $500-800 per wheel alone, I could certainly find something to fit (or have something custom made).

Again, we don't have have to have the same tastes, but personally, I think this looks very clean (especially lowered) and that the sharpness of the wheel complements the TL's body lines very well (I realize the below wheels aren't gumetal....but that to me even looks better):

Cheers,
Travis
Old 01-28-2005, 08:10 PM
Banned

I really like the crappy gunmetal color A-specs. That is what I have on my NBP. I have to say they look much better in person as the don't photograph well.

The best thing about the gunmetal is that it hides the Brembo brake dust a little longer than the light silver wheels
Old 01-28-2005, 08:51 PM
tgt
Instructor

Originally Posted by hondafans
I really like the crappy gunmetal color A-specs. That is what I have on my NBP. I have to say they look much better in person as the don't photograph well.

The best thing about the gunmetal is that it hides the Brembo brake dust a little longer than the light silver wheels
I have to agree.... Received my brand spanken new '04 Gunmetal A-specs on Wednesday and they are VERY impressive in person. Can't wait to get them mounted next week.

-Travis
Old 01-29-2005, 01:04 AM
professional TL driver

Originally Posted by tgt
I have to agree.... Received my brand spanken new '04 Gunmetal A-specs on Wednesday and they are VERY impressive in person. Can't wait to get them mounted next week.

-Travis
i love my wheels too, i just got one fixed that had curb rash, you cant even tell now... glad to hear you went with the old 04 aspec, even happier you to like the "crappy" gun metal color. and it is true they hide the dust better then the lighter color