18" vs 19"

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 05:35 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18" vs 19"

I was wondering if there is any noticeable difference particularly in handling between 18" and 19" wheels?
The 19's look dope, some people have told me the 18's are best for looks and performance.
I'd like to hear feedback from those that own either wheel and who really pushes their cars, in terms of speed, cornering etc.

Thanks
Old 12-20-2004, 05:43 AM
Silky Smooth

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Most members on these boards will have different opinions about wheel sizes. For myself, I am going to splurge and buy nice tires with my 19 inch wheels, so from a performance standpoint there wont be much of a difference between the 18 and 19 inch versions, remember we are talking about a FWD sedan with a v6 motor not a pure sports car.. Also alot of times there isnt a huge price difference, and when you upgrade wheels its mostly for aesthetics, so might as well get the larger wheels right... Go with the larger wheels, I don't think you could tell a difference between the two performance wise with a great set of tires... Especially after sitting on those !)*@* turanzas, anything will feel amazing best of luck man
Old 12-20-2004, 05:44 AM
Banned

depends on the rim (looks) and the tire (handling).

all out sport look/ride go with 19's

18's for a tad smoother/softer ride (more pothole friendly)
Old 12-20-2004, 08:41 AM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by cvajs
depends on the rim (looks) and the tire (handling).

all out sport look/ride go with 19's

18's for a tad smoother/softer ride (more pothole friendly)

The difference in the look with far exceed the difference in ride quality...in other words, you will get a much better look (IMO) with a larger wheel with minimal performace difference. Just make sure that you are getting a strong wheel...also, you can find 19s that are nice and light which will allow you to keep a performance oriented feel.