XM Radio fading in and out--dealer bulletin?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 01:40 PM
10th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
XM Radio fading in and out--dealer bulletin?

I have a 2006 TL, non navigation, purchased new. Ever since I purchased the car I have had an intermittant problem with the XM radio. Occasionally, when changing stations, only on the XM band, the radio signal will start to fade in and out, very rapidly, (almost souding like a bad drive through speaker at a fast food restaurant) and then, after acting like this for several minutes, the radio will go silent. The display remains on. However, you cannot change the XM station, or switch from the XM band to either the am or fm bands. The only way to resolve the issue is to shut the radio off. When the radio is turned back on the XM works fine.

My local Acura dealer could never duplicate the problem, and basically said there was nothing they could/would do for me absent them duplicating the problem.

When I went in for some scheduled service today, and after complaining again about the radio, I was told that Acura had, indeed, just issued a service bulletin/advisory about this phenomenon, but had not yet come up with a solution.

My question, is there a way for me to read these bulletins/service advisorys, to inquire if anybody out there has experienced the same/similar problem, and to find out how their complaints were resolved.

My warranty is about to expire and I want to preserve my rights under the warranty if a fix is determined after my warranty expires.

Thanks for reading.
Old 07-21-2010, 04:26 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
since you brought it to the dealer's attention and they ack'd it, you should be good to go in terms of a warranty repair