White dots on my car/ leftover wax in cracks.

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 06:16 PM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
White dots on my car/ leftover wax in cracks.

So I got my 04 tl a few weeks ago and I noticed recently that after they detailed my car there's still dried wax in some of the cracks (like between the bumper body). There's also little white dots on the car. The white dots are definetely not permanent because I can scratch them off with my fingernail, but I'm scared of scratching my car and it's a hassle to scratch all of it off cause there's so many

I was just wondering if there's anything I could use to get all of this stuff off my car without scratching it up? Would I be able to use a tooth brush or something?

Thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could get all the white spots, which sounds like overspray paint to me, out with a clay bar. I've used a toothbrush with soft bristles to get out wax in the cracks and crevices. You also may want to ask this question in the Wash and Wax section too as there are a lot of experienced detailers/wash&wax fanatics there that may have more suggestions.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:47 PM
wat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Alright thanks for the reply. haha yea I forgot there was a wash and wax section.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by scotterson
So I got my 04 tl a few weeks ago and I noticed recently that after they detailed my car there's still dried wax in some of the cracks (like between the bumper body). There's also little white dots on the car. The white dots are definetely not permanent because I can scratch them off with my fingernail, but I'm scared of scratching my car and it's a hassle to scratch all of it off cause there's so many

I was just wondering if there's anything I could use to get all of this stuff off my car without scratching it up? Would I be able to use a tooth brush or something?

Thanks
DO NOT USE A TOOTHBRUSH !!! It will easily scratch up your car. Read up on claybar. There's detailing and then there's detailing. Some so called detailers just wax over all the crap stuck to your car. It could be that aside from your 04 desperately needing a claybar job that the claybar will also remove all the dots easily. I like Zaino. Check out www.zainostore.com. Lots of good "how to" related to this topic. I was all caught up in using their multi-step processes but recently just started claybaring annually and using their Z-CS product. Simple, gets the car really clean and then stupid-easy to maintain thereafter. I've converted many non-car crazy coworkers into this process and they are all intimidated at first but very happy in the end.