Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - never seen that before

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2014, 10:16 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - never seen that before

So a little background: decided to do the coolant flush yesterday on my 08 TL-S. I drained the radiator, and since I actually got more than a gallon out, did not do the block. I changed the thermostat as well, disconnecting the battery, taking out the air box, and even disconnected the ground on the thermostat housing.

After putting everything back together, flushing the system, and finishing the process, I noticed I had several buttons on my Nav panel that were no longer lit. The driver temp up and down--and mode button; and the defrost--front and rear--were all out. All buttons still function appropriately but no lights.

I checked every fuse I had today, both under the hood, and at the kick panel, but everything seemed in order. I talked to the local dealer and they suggested the fuse search, or bring it in. . . The lights never flickered or ever had given me indications of being an issue previously. I did notice the bottom of the engine compartment fuse box was cracking and I ordered a new one.

Here is a late afternoon picture of the issue in order to help visualize. The lights aren't bright, but I assure you that the above mentioned ones are indeed out. Anyone seen this before? I am not looking forward to pulling out the center console to check the bulbs, and hope there is a better solution. Thanks guys.

Old 01-06-2014, 10:27 PM
Chapter Leader (Eastern Canada)

Received 227 Likes on 178 Posts
The lights being burnt out has nothing to do with all the work that you have done, I have the same problem with some lights on the Nav panel being out they just have to be replaced
Old 01-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 301 Likes on 258 Posts
Yeah, those lights will just shit the bed after a while. I had a couple go out immediately after taking off the aluminum garnish peices for the first time.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:05 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had hoped I had touched off a fuse somewhere beside the fuse boxes. Crap, well, looks like I get to take the center console apart.
Old 01-07-2014, 01:04 AM

Received 153 Likes on 100 Posts
Change all the bulbs if you go in.
The following 2 users liked this post by Superunknown:
nttstt444 (01-07-2014), swift6six (01-07-2014)