Well, at least it WAS perfect.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 07:25 AM
Animal Whisperer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, at least it WAS perfect.

I've had a perfect 06 Blue TL since about mid-February. Music link and all... I have been pleased with the car and how it handles and all that, obsessed with the car in that I have gone out of my way to park away from other people when possible (I park in a covered parking garage @ work, so mostly not an issue), and then it hit me...

Well, SHE hit me. I was driving down the road I'd just turned onto, the lady behind me must've thought I was going too slow (although I can assure you I was going a little more than the speed limit, and before I knew it, the driver behind me drove into the left lane.

There are two lanes going the direction I was going, one coming back from where I'd just come from. The lane the car behind me got into was a left turn only lane, I didn't think much of it since she was going to turn I figured. I was both wrong and right. She DID turn, but it was right into me after she realized that lane was ending.

She hit my front quarter panel and rammed me off the road for a bit where my ride rode up over the curb (psgr side over curb, driver's side got hit) and she didn't stop. I hit the high lights and followed her for about three blocks where she finally stopped and said "if nothing is wrong with your car, I'm just gonna go on my way if that is ok", but it wasn't ok with me.

Cops came shortly thereafter and did the report and all that, NOBODY was cited (I was pissed) but they said that what I told them was consistant with the damage seen on our cars, and that was that. Car seems to drive fine, although I didn't have far to go to get home after that. In the garage I see that it appears that only my driver's side front quarter panel is good and my rim(s?) on my psgr side are scuffed from curb contact. I didn't look all that thoroughly and I don't want to right now, but I will later today.

I've got 2300 miles on the clock and last night was the first time I had to engage the brakes at full force. I did slow down considerably when I think about it, but either way, the lady slowed me down the quickest when she ran into me and pushed me over the curb. 03 Jeep Liberty, for those who are interested. Just thought I'd put my sad story here for whatever reason. I just can't believe how stupid the other driver was about wanting to just leave if everything was ok.

Oh, and for reference... The REASON this happened... Yesterday I saw that I'd been hit with a bird crap. That morning tomorrow's (now today's) forecast was for thunderstorms. None anymore after the front changed directions or something, so since TODAY I go to class and park in a hot parking lot for a bit, I thought I'd go wash the crap off. It wasn't even a big one or anything, but I didn't want it to leave a mark. Either way, washed the crap off, dried off the car, it was looking good, I'm right close to home, and then before I knew it, someone was trying to pass me and then I'm there waiting for the cops for the lady I had to chase down.

Rey :(