AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   Weird trans problem?! (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/weird-trans-problem-978712/)

John Kindell 04-13-2019 07:57 AM

Weird trans problem?!

Okay so on my way home from work in my 04 TL I was driving and came to a stop sign and began to drive and it pulled fine but once it went to go into fourth it revved up like a slip in the trans and then tried down shifting so immediately stopped and put it in slap shift and started driving with no problem but won’t go into fourth or fifth I’ll upshoft but will not even try to go into those gears. I get it home let it sit and cool and pull the shift solenoid and check the filter tubes they’re all clean and perfect and pull the shift control solenoid off the front of trains screen was clean as well. I replaced both pressure switches two months ago when I did the last drain and fill 3x3 and the filter in top of trans as usual. So I took it out and drove it for bout 15 min driving perfect in just drive then all the sudden start doin the slipping like it was in neutral and not going into 4th so I pull over shut it off for 10 seconds restart it and I can drive it again for bout 2 miles until it happened again the fluid is still pink and clean no burning smell no trans trouble code or cel I have no idea what’s goin on. Any help would be appreciated guys

John Kindell 04-13-2019 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by John Kindell (Post 16410952)
Okay so on my way home from work in my 04 TL I was driving and came to a stop sign and began to drive and it pulled fine but once it went to go into fourth it revved up like a slip in the trans and then tried down shifting so immediately stopped and put it in slap shift and started driving with no problem but won’t go into fourth or fifth I’ll upshoft but will not even try to go into those gears. I get it home let it sit and cool and pull the shift solenoid and check the filter tubes they’re all clean and perfect and pull the shift control solenoid off the front of trains screen was clean as well. I replaced both pressure switches two months ago when I did the last drain and fill 3x3 and the filter in top of trans as usual. So I took it out and drove it for bout 15 min driving perfect in just drive then all the sudden start doin the slipping like it was in neutral and not going into 4th so I pull over shut it off for 10 seconds restart it and I can drive it again for bout 2 miles until it happened again the fluid is still pink and clean no burning smell no trans trouble code or cel I have no idea what’s goin on. Any help would be appreciated guys

any ideas guys please?

Acura TL Builder 04-13-2019 11:56 PM

Yup, sell your 3G and get yourself what you really want, Cadillac V.

Midnight Mystery 04-14-2019 04:00 AM

Yeah... Your "weird" transmission problem is not "weird" at all on a 2004 TL!

AV6 swap, anyone?

John Kindell 04-14-2019 06:06 AM

Ok so you guys are sayin it’s junk? So Ill just go ahead and pull the transmission out of ya all think the trans is bad honestly she might go to the scrap yard lol

John Kindell 04-14-2019 06:46 AM

Can someone explain what is happening if they know at least I’m just kinda wandering what happened to it

Jackass 04-14-2019 11:55 AM

1.) You state you have already recently done a 3x3
2.) You state you have already replaced the pressure switches
3.) This leaves it as either a failed/failing range switch or transmission in general

There isn't much left to test/troubleshoot for the most part. The fact that you state the fluid is still nice and clean is the only reason I am even mentioning the range switch. In theory, if the transmission were failing, that fluid should be darkening down each time it goes out of gear.

John Kindell 04-14-2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jackass (Post 16411232)
1.) You state you have already recently done a 3x3
2.) You state you have already replaced the pressure switches
3.) This leaves it as either a failed/failing range switch or transmission in general

There isn't much left to test/troubleshoot for the most part. The fact that you state the fluid is still nice and clean is the only reason I am even mentioning the range switch. In theory, if the transmission were failing, that fluid should be darkening down each time it goes out of gear.

you are correct I have stated all of the above and that’s why I’ve been so confused and to why the fluid is burnt as many times as I’ve been trying to trouble shoot and stuff so range switch is definitely somethin I haven’t thought bout thank you

John Kindell 04-14-2019 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by John Kindell (Post 16411263)
you are correct I have stated all of the above and that’s why I’ve been so confused and to why the fluid is burnt as many times as I’ve been trying to trouble shoot and stuff so range switch is definitely somethin I haven’t thought bout thank you

i would think I would have a cel or a transmission code I have none I’ve plugged into it numerous times but nothing I’m so lost lol