Weird Sound When Turning Car Off

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007 | 01:40 AM
Three Wheelin'

Weird Sound When Turning Car Off

Hey guys,

After parking my car tonight, I heard this sound when turning the car off. Well as you may notice in my sig, I have an AEM CAI and a Stage 3 Exhaust installed, but this problem (if it is one) seemed to arise after I installed the Stage 3 Exhaust on Tuesday. I only heard the sound today, I guess because it was quiet enough because I was in a garage. Well anyways, when I turned the car off, the car made a weird sound as if it was shooting air out of the exhaust system, only like a puff of air though. Kinda like the car was passing gas. Is this normal? A puff of air shooting out of the exhaust when turning the car off. I tried turning the car on and off a few times and it kept happening. Any info on this guys?
Old 08-17-2007 | 12:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Whoever has a Stage 3 Exhaust mod, have you heard this before?
Old 08-17-2007 | 04:42 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by aSPECtL06
Hey guys,

After parking my car tonight, I heard this sound when turning the car off. Well as you may notice in my sig, I have an AEM CAI and a Stage 3 Exhaust installed, but this problem (if it is one) seemed to arise after I installed the Stage 3 Exhaust on Tuesday. I only heard the sound today, I guess because it was quiet enough because I was in a garage. Well anyways, when I turned the car off, the car made a weird sound as if it was shooting air out of the exhaust system, only like a puff of air though. Kinda like the car was passing gas. Is this normal? A puff of air shooting out of the exhaust when turning the car off. I tried turning the car on and off a few times and it kept happening. Any info on this guys?
I have the stage 3 and a fujita cai and every time I shut my car off it sounds like it burps. It sounds like it is coming from the intake, because it's similar to the sound it makes when you let off the gas when your in 1st or 2nd gear with higher rpms. Like it's sucking in air or something. I did both mods at the same time, so I can't tell you if the stage 3 caused it for sure or not.
Old 08-18-2007 | 01:35 AM
9.5+10.5 22m=Hella Flush

Originally Posted by aSPECtL06
Hey guys,

That sound is normal and is coming from your CAI. I love that sound everytime I turnoff my engine
Old 08-18-2007 | 05:53 AM
Three Wheelin'

Okay good! Thanks for the information guys! It does sound like the car burps and does sound kind of cool!