Weird hfl/brake pedal electrical problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:48 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird hfl/brake pedal electrical problem

So this Morning while driving my hfl kept activating itself would come up where the radio info is displayed(non-nav) and just say handsfreelink. I couldn't figure out why then I noticed it was when when was braking that it would do that and it would go back to the radio until I released the break pedal . Also every time I pressed the brake pedal there was a little clicking sound coming from the gear shifter area. Also I have already disconnected and completely removed my hfl unit any help to solve this issue is appreciated video:
Old 08-02-2017, 11:53 PM
Banned

Received 79 Likes on 60 Posts
You already disconnected and completely removed the HFL unit? Not sure why you would do that, but this obviously appears to be a side effect of you removing those parts. What specific parts did you remove and why?
Old 08-03-2017, 12:02 AM
Pro

Received 109 Likes on 96 Posts
That clicking sound is the shift interlock, it keeps the shifter from being shifted out of park without the brake on. As far as the electrical issue, that is a strange one.

Crash, many people remove the HFL unit because it causes battery drain, I have never seen someone post that it has caused electrical issues.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:50 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes I removed cause of battery drain issue. The problem has since Gone away hop fully it doesn't come back maybe I have some type of short somewhere