Weir canyon Acura sucks!(steering problem)

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2005, 12:56 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weir canyon Acura sucks!(steering problem)

My 2004 TL has steering problem, it sounds like air leaking noise only when the car is stopped and trying to make left turn or u turn, it also makes my hand shaking.
I went to weir canyon acura which the place I bought the TL, they checked and said it's normal; I said why the loaner TSX and my other car LEXUS didn't make that steering noise, they said your car is TL not TSX and it's ACURA not LEXUS, after I wanted them to test drive with me, they heard the noise, but they said all TL like that, they let me try 05 TL; it didn't make that noise, they said it's new car, so won't have noise like you, no mater what thay just didn't wanna do anything with my car! I don't know what sould I do, the warranty seems doesn't work if they don't want to fix your car!

Do not go WEIR CANYON ACURA! It's sucks!!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:38 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Same dealership that backed out on another AZ member on ordering additional black chrome emblems to be made after they had about a dozen or so people together to get them? Fortunately....I had already gotten mine from them and am thankful!
Old 12-26-2005, 05:56 AM
mio
Police

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
that sux, just change to another dealer to get it fixed.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:02 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Go to a different dealership.
Old 12-27-2005, 12:22 AM
10th Gear

Ashley

Thanks for you guys! I think I will try another dealer! Wish me luck!
Old 12-28-2005, 03:42 PM
"Joe Cool"

In their defense, they backed out on the emblems cuz they said the guy they got em from was trying to UP the price on em.
So he gave me the direct number afterwards.
I called but the Emblem guy never called back.

I take my car to Weir Canyon and so far so good.

I told them that the seat memory does not stay programmed and they ordered the part and are gonna change it under warranty.

This is the first thing i have had to get done to my TL.

I hope they don't start FLAKING ON THE Cust. Serv.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:05 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ASHLEY2005WOO
My 2004 TL has steering problem, it sounds like air leaking noise only when the car is stopped and trying to make left turn or u turn, it also makes my hand shaking.
I went to weir canyon acura which the place I bought the TL, they checked and said it's normal; I said why the loaner TSX and my other car LEXUS didn't make that steering noise, they said your car is TL not TSX and it's ACURA not LEXUS, after I wanted them to test drive with me, they heard the noise, but they said all TL like that, they let me try 05 TL; it didn't make that noise, they said it's new car, so won't have noise like you, no mater what thay just didn't wanna do anything with my car! I don't know what sould I do, the warranty seems doesn't work if they don't want to fix your car!

Do not go WEIR CANYON ACURA! It's sucks!!
I also go to Weir Canyon Acura and I had the same problem, the issue is with a small o-ring that leaks air in the line. The guy you are probably dealing with is Robert this guy used to work for Lexus and he is very weird. Ask to speak to the shop foreman he is very responsive and he should be able to help you out. Also talk to Brad a service tech he is very empathetic and will do whatever it takes to resolve the matter but stay away from Robert, he is no help at all.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:35 PM
10th Gear

Weir Canyon does not Suck, try a new service tech, you can change techs!

By the way I think that Weir Canyon Acura is the best. I have had so many problems with my 04 TL that it could take me some time to explain. Everything from rattles, squeaks, noises, brakes, power steering, navi, bluetooth, VSA and so on. For what a dealership can do to make a customer happy I think that the service dept will bend over backwards, just deal with the right service person. At times I have thought that at any moment they were ready to tell me that they couldn’t fix it and that I would just have to live with it. To the contrary they even put a guy in the trunk and drove around with him in there to isolate the problem. I can’t say enough about the place they really do try. What I can say is typical American quality, I might be mistaken but I think that the TL is built in the good old USA, if that tells you something. I believe that all of these problems are just poor workmanship; the dealer can only do so much. But for me they have me satisfied to the point that I don't worry about the nuisance of going in, I don’t like it but its under warranty. Either I accept it or just buy another car. My TL is a 6sp navi 04.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:28 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by tlling
By the way I think that Weir Canyon Acura is the best. I have had so many problems with my 04 TL that it could take me some time to explain. Everything from rattles, squeaks, noises, brakes, power steering, navi, bluetooth, VSA and so on. For what a dealership can do to make a customer happy I think that the service dept will bend over backwards, just deal with the right service person. At times I have thought that at any moment they were ready to tell me that they couldn’t fix it and that I would just have to live with it. To the contrary they even put a guy in the trunk and drove around with him in there to isolate the problem. I can’t say enough about the place they really do try. What I can say is typical American quality, I might be mistaken but I think that the TL is built in the good old USA, if that tells you something. I believe that all of these problems are just poor workmanship; the dealer can only do so much. But for me they have me satisfied to the point that I don't worry about the nuisance of going in, I don’t like it but its under warranty. Either I accept it or just buy another car. My TL is a 6sp navi 04.
Wow cool, but I just had different experience, maybe you could tell me who is the nice guy in Weir Canyon Acura service department! JOHN B. APPEL baaaaaaaad!!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:40 AM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Well if you are sitting still and turn the wheel all the way in either direction, it will make this noise and "hiss" - that is totally normal, I've never seen a car that didn't do that. But if it's making the noise at all times it's not normal.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:06 AM
ediddy

go to cerritos acura...jon martin will find the problem.
Old 12-29-2005, 03:51 AM
Racer

had a friend with a CL that he took to Weir Canyon Acura for maintenance, one of the guys there ended up "crashing" (the term my friend used) his car on the test drive. That is pretty bad IMHO..but then again I have never been there so I can't really judge Weir Canyon Acura off this isolated incident
Old 12-29-2005, 04:04 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by 03CoupeV6
Well if you are sitting still and turn the wheel all the way in either direction, it will make this noise and "hiss" - that is totally normal, I've never seen a car that didn't do that. But if it's making the noise at all times it's not normal.
Only happened when make a left turn, and it was shook; do not happen when I turn right! So I don't know is that normal? Thanks!!
Old 12-30-2005, 04:51 AM
10th Gear

I also go to Weir Canyon Acura and I had the same problem, the issue is with a small o-ring that leaks air in the line. The guy you are probably dealing with is Robert this guy used to work for Lexus and he is very weird. Ask to speak to the shop foreman he is very responsive and he should be able to help you out. Also talk to Brad a service tech he is very empathetic and will do whatever it takes to resolve the matter but stay away from Robert, he is no help at all.
Hi! Did you get your car fix? Could you tell me where did you get your's car done! If they do not fix the small o-ring that leaks air in the line, will it get worse to my car? Thank you so much!!
Old 01-05-2006, 10:55 AM
10th Gear

I have been going to Weir Canyon acura for about 4 years now. Of course there are times I have to go to a different dealer however WCA is probably the best around. The techs and Advisors are pretty nice there and are very helpful and straight forward. I have had the run around at a few dealers. I give these guys credit especially when dealing with a new car that has only been our for a year or two. They are only the dealer not the manufacturer. So if Honda hasnt found a problem that we have later found out in this post to be some O ring it would be hard to expect a dealer to know unless Honda has let them know a problem could be there. We all have to remember they didnt build em but they are the ones that have to fix em when they fail which is not the easiest of tasks.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:33 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by ASHLEY2005WOO
Wow cool, but I just had different experience, maybe you could tell me who is the nice guy in Weir Canyon Acura service department! JOHN B. APPEL baaaaaaaad!!
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have been very busy. The person to speak to is Brad Jackson he is a great service tech as well as a good guy. He bends over backwards to take care of you. Tell him Robert with the white TL and the new Aspec suspension sent you, I assure you that he will do whatever is possible to take care of you. I know what you mean about John the other tech but I will tell you that I have also dealt with him and he really isnt that bad. They just have different personalities, Brad is a bit more on the hip side to whats going on, some of the others are a bit stiff. I hope this helps.
Old 01-20-2006, 01:05 AM
10th Gear

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you I have been very busy. The person to speak to is Brad Jackson he is a great service tech as well as a good guy. He bends over backwards to take care of you. Tell him Robert with the white TL and the new Aspec suspension sent you, I assure you that he will do whatever is possible to take care of you. I know what you mean about John the other tech but I will tell you that I have also dealt with him and he really isnt that bad. They just have different personalities, Brad is a bit more on the hip side to whats going on, some of the others are a bit stiff. I hope this helps.
Mmmm! Thank you so much for the information! I will try it next time! Thanks!!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:16 AM
"Joe Cool"

I agree with Frecell...

BTW... I am surprised to see you write that JOHN B. APPEL is baaaaaaaad

Strange......I have had nothing but great service from John.

Well as others have said perhaps you should seek help from a different service advisor.

You should be able to find someone there who fits your personality, and then maybe you will be happier.

My wife and I are both happy with John and the service at WCA.
I wish you the best of luck Ashley.