VSA Light and Caution sign on dash!!! 8 CODES

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 03:46 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VSA Light and Caution sign on dash!!! 8 CODES

my VSA light and caution light came on, i took my car to an acura dealership to get it check out, after about 1 hr of waiting, one of the mechanics came back to me and gave me a breakdown of what the possible issues were. they found 8 ABS trouble codes which are as follows
25-1 YAW RATE SENSOR FAILURE
27-1 STEERING ANGLE SENSOR FAILURE
61-1 BATTERY VOLTAGE FAILURE
64-1 SENSOR SUPPLY VOLTAGE FAILURE
66-1 BRAKE PRESSURE SENSOR FAILURE
83-1 ECM/PCM RELATION FAILURE
86-1 CAN RELATION FAILURE
112-1 INTERNAL POWER SOURCE FAILURE

I ALSO NOTICE THAT I'M LOOSING POWER WHEN I STEP ON THE GAS...FEELS LIKE THE CAR IS STRUGGLING TO MOVE.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THHIS MUCH CODES IN MY LIFE!! PRETTY MUCH THE VSA MODULATOR IS THE MAIN CAUSE/CONCERN AND THIS THING IS NOT WALLET FRIENDLY. I NEED ANY INSIGHT ON THIS ISSUE PLEASE!!
IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA ON THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
I'M THINKING I CAN TRY AND TROUBLESHOOT THE VSA MODULATOR IF ANYONE HAS LINKS OR VIDEOS LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!!

I DRIVE A 2004 ACURA TL BASE MODEL WITH 157K
Old 02-01-2016, 10:08 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,750 Likes on 6,749 Posts
How old is your battery? check the terminals for corrosion and replace if necessary.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:16 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spartacus
my VSA light and caution light came on, i took my car to an acura dealership to get it check out, after about 1 hr of waiting, one of the mechanics came back to me and gave me a breakdown of what the possible issues were. they found 8 ABS trouble codes which are as follows
25-1 YAW RATE SENSOR FAILURE
27-1 STEERING ANGLE SENSOR FAILURE
61-1 BATTERY VOLTAGE FAILURE
64-1 SENSOR SUPPLY VOLTAGE FAILURE
66-1 BRAKE PRESSURE SENSOR FAILURE
83-1 ECM/PCM RELATION FAILURE
86-1 CAN RELATION FAILURE
112-1 INTERNAL POWER SOURCE FAILURE

I ALSO NOTICE THAT I'M LOOSING POWER WHEN I STEP ON THE GAS...FEELS LIKE THE CAR IS STRUGGLING TO MOVE.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THHIS MUCH CODES IN MY LIFE!! PRETTY MUCH THE VSA MODULATOR IS THE MAIN CAUSE/CONCERN AND THIS THING IS NOT WALLET FRIENDLY. I NEED ANY INSIGHT ON THIS ISSUE PLEASE!!
IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEA ON THIS PLEASE LET ME KNOW.
I'M THINKING I CAN TRY AND TROUBLESHOOT THE VSA MODULATOR IF ANYONE HAS LINKS OR VIDEOS LET ME KNOW PLEASE!!!!

I DRIVE A 2004 ACURA TL BASE MODEL WITH 157K
I'm having somewhat of the same problem. I cleared the ABS codes and none came back. I also did the memorization method and now the lights stay on all the time. before they would only come on when i hit a bump. please help. those lights are driving me nuts. 03 acura tl 3.2 type S. 240000 miles and original transmission. No slippage. It just has a hard time shifting from second to third. After i clear the tranny codes, it seems to shift better for a while, then goes back to hard shift from second to third.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:12 AM
Pro

Received 137 Likes on 91 Posts
Originally Posted by j00163206
I'm having somewhat of the same problem. I cleared the ABS codes and none came back. I also did the memorization method and now the lights stay on all the time. before they would only come on when i hit a bump. please help. those lights are driving me nuts. 03 acura tl 3.2 type S. 240000 miles and original transmission. No slippage. It just has a hard time shifting from second to third. After i clear the tranny codes, it seems to shift better for a while, then goes back to hard shift from second to third.
You're in the wrong section of the forums, this is for the 3G TL.

To OP, like mentioned above, get your battery checked - bad batteries can cause some funky issues like you've mentioned.