Violent shaking at low rpm's, sometimes

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2011, 08:31 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Violent shaking at low rpm's, sometimes

I posted before about a low rpm shaking my 05 6speed was having at low rpm's and the consensus was that it was the motor mounts. Great had those and the timing belt replaced and seemed to have fixed the problem. Went on a road trip from dallas to nashville and the next day in nashville I noticed that it was back again but a little worse and didn't seem to go away at higher rpm's as it did before. Then it went away, and then later came back much more violently. After driving it around for hours on back roads yesterday I noticed that it would come and go, mild shake about like running withought at least part of a cylinder and voilent the entire front end of the car shaking hard as though running without 2 cylinders. I have no clue what the issue is but i'm thinking has to be something like a faulty injector, fuel pump or coil pack but there is no check engine light. Any ideas?
Old 12-20-2011, 09:55 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
Hmmmm sounds very strange, how many miles on ur car and yr?
Old 12-20-2011, 04:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
Hmmmm sounds very strange, how many miles on ur car and yr?
05 6 speed with 103K on it now but it's had a slight vibration that slowly got worse for the last 10K miles. It's really crazy how it is on and off again. I tried several times to recreate it today when it's running good I can even floor it in 6th gear from 1200rpm to over 3000 with no vibration two minutes later I could just take a turn on the interstate or hit a bump and it would shake violently again and then again a few minutes later it could be smooth again. Unfortunately I don't have any method of testing things like injectors or coil packs that would actually put a load on them. And it does it so bad I can't believe it's not tripping a CEL.
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by brusk
I posted before about a low rpm shaking my 05 6speed was having at low rpm's and the consensus was that it was the motor mounts. Great had those and the timing belt replaced and seemed to have fixed the problem. Went on a road trip from dallas to nashville and the next day in nashville I noticed that it was back again but a little worse and didn't seem to go away at higher rpm's as it did before. Then it went away, and then later came back much more violently. After driving it around for hours on back roads yesterday I noticed that it would come and go, mild shake about like running withought at least part of a cylinder and voilent the entire front end of the car shaking hard as though running without 2 cylinders. I have no clue what the issue is but i'm thinking has to be something like a faulty injector, fuel pump or coil pack but there is no check engine light. Any ideas?
Did you find out what the problem was? I am having the same problem, it comes and goes at different speeds. - mine is violent shaking that I have to pull over, feels like the front end is going to drop - I have had the engine mounts replace(which dampered the shaking), new tourque converter, new axels.
It does not feel like it is the engine, I am not loosing power, just a lot of violent shaking.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:44 AM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
Have you changed out your 3rd and 4th gear pressure switches?

I had similar vibrations and they vanished once I replaced mine. Good luck.