Vibration

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration

Hopefully you guys can offer some help.

06 MT

I had some vibration in the front not but now it got worst. The delaer said the tires are cupped but over the last month the vibration has gotten worst. I have yoks W4s stock rims. I was told the rims are fine, but i get loud tire whirring noise on the highway.I also take the car out of gear and can feel it in the steering and dash but feel it more once i put the car back in gear (50-80 mph). The cv boot was ripped on the passenger side and they replaced the passenger cv joint. The car felt more stable better planted for a few days after that and now it is back to the vibration not handling as well. Could this be compliance bushing , drivers cv joint, or possibly the bearings. I also feel the vibration when i make a right turn from the front left wheel and feel like the suspension is "binding at times" from the same place?

Any other ideas?
Old 11-08-2010, 09:16 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i have the same thing, except i have an 06 Auto. at first i thought it was a balance issue, had the car balanced, and it fixed the issue a little. then had all 4 tires replaced, and balanced again. that made the problem a drop better. then about 5 days later it went back to the same vibration when you get to about 40 MPH, and gets worse as you get faster. Braking makes it even worse, so i replaced the rotors. then replaced them again a few days later, and still the same issue. now i have a tiny whine when i accelerate slowly.

i'm starting to guess the issue is in the tranny
Old 11-08-2010, 09:22 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rbf,

I was thinking the same thing, last I checked they said the mounts were fine but I do notice when i get more vibration the car doesnt go into gears as smoothly when I shift was well. Also since they removed the joint maybe the tranny angle was affected. I will have to see but i dotn think they will be able to diagnose it probably get the same tire or they cant duplicate crap.
Old 11-08-2010, 09:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Luger
Rbf,

I was thinking the same thing, last I checked they said the mounts were fine but I do notice when i get more vibration the car doesnt go into gears as smoothly when I shift was well. Also since they removed the joint maybe the tranny angle was affected. I will have to see but i dotn think they will be able to diagnose it probably get the same tire or they cant duplicate crap.

yeah thats typical from acura, they can not duplicate anything. my car has been out of warranty for close to a year now, so i do all the work myself. i'm just hoping it's not the tranny, and something simple as a wheel bearing which i'm sure it's not