Very unhappy with Acura right now

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very unhappy with Acura right now

Well I wanted to throw this out there to get some feedback. Month and a half ago I purchased a new 08 TL-S. I'm super happy with the car, however a couple of weeks ago I noticed a defect in the front bumper. I took it back to the dealer and they agreed it was not normal and said they would fix it. So I dropped the car off on Monday and just got it back today. The defect in the bumper is gone but the body shop that did the work repainted the whole bumper while they masked off my Aspec front lip. Not only would I have a paint line if I took the kit off but the paint job on one side of the bumper is terrible. This has really annoyed me. I thought they would have removed the kit before they repainted it. Anyway the car is back to the dealer tomorrow and this time I want it done properly. Anyone else had any experience with Acura like this?
Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 PM
Pro

i have a ton of rust that their idea of "fixing" is slapping touch up paint over.
Old 04-30-2008, 09:32 PM
XpressoBeans

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I am dealing with a flaking rear bumper that acura *fixed* Then told me that they sent my car out to have *touched up* and are done with me.. so now i have acura consumer affairs involved who pretty much told me that I am sol since its "cosmetic"
Old 05-01-2008, 03:07 AM
2011 BMW 335i

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Certain dealers can be shady, I would keep taking it back until they can fix it!!!! Cause Thats B.S. and I would be pissed too.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:53 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by CrazyNewf
Well I wanted to throw this out there to get some feedback. Month and a half ago I purchased a new 08 TL-S. I'm super happy with the car, however a couple of weeks ago I noticed a defect in the front bumper. I took it back to the dealer and they agreed it was not normal and said they would fix it. So I dropped the car off on Monday and just got it back today. The defect in the bumper is gone but the body shop that did the work repainted the whole bumper while they masked off my Aspec front lip. Not only would I have a paint line if I took the kit off but the paint job on one side of the bumper is terrible. This has really annoyed me. I thought they would have removed the kit before they repainted it. Anyway the car is back to the dealer tomorrow and this time I want it done properly. Anyone else had any experience with Acura like this?
How do you feel about the "sunglass holders" in the doors, the squeaky/wear-prone/undersized brakes, the way the seat belt buckle slams the interior B pillar trim when you get out of the car, the shaky wipers that leave a pool of water near the outer windshield edge, the way your shoe slips off the aluminum throttle pedal when your feet are wet, the modest-at-best fuel economy, the reports of engine knock (even with 93 octane fuel) and the fact that a new V6 RAV 4 SUV will give you the run of your life?
Old 05-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Race Director

just trade in your car simple as that.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Mokos23
just trade in your car simple as that.

No, it's isn't "as simple as that" unless Honda wants to pony up the $10K or so I'll lose in 9 months by doing that.

I am not going to pay for Mistakes and engineering oversights.

I am a mechanical engineer and I am simply STUNNED by some of the things I've seen in this car. Most weren't readily apparent, so maybe I should blame myself for that. Still, I NEEDED a car - that day - and bought this one largely because of that pressing set of circumstances.

Other cars in this segment have their problems, too, but the collection of "small irritants" in this car add up to something much larger.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,181 Likes on 1,210 Posts
harddrivin1le- check your PM box.
Old 05-09-2008, 12:09 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by harddrivin1le
How do you feel about the "sunglass holders" in the doors, the squeaky/wear-prone/undersized brakes, the way the seat belt buckle slams the interior B pillar trim when you get out of the car, the shaky wipers that leave a pool of water near the outer windshield edge, the way your shoe slips off the aluminum throttle pedal when your feet are wet, the modest-at-best fuel economy, the reports of engine knock (even with 93 octane fuel) and the fact that a new V6 RAV 4 SUV will give you the run of your life?

ummm, WOW.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:43 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by CrazyNewf
You really need to understand that this is a problem with the dealer and not Acura. The dealer did the work and is responsible for their mistakes. Acura has plenty of other issues where they should take the blame but this is not one of them.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Loving my 08 TLS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by harddrivin1le

I never seen anyone feel so negative about the car. I mean no car is perfect, but you are nitpicking the smallest little things in the car. So what it doesn't have a sunglass holder, you can use the compartments at the center console. I don't know how you are retracting your seatbelt, but I don't have this problem. The wipers are not the best, but it does the job. And I never had a problem using the sports pedals when my shoes are wet. Oh wait, you said your feet, are you using your bare feet?? And how can you complain about the fuel? It is a V6 engine. I get an average of 29mpg in hwy and a little mix of city driving. It seems you hate this car so much, you might as well downgrade yourself to an accord since you are happy with that.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor

IT DOES HAVE A SUNGLASS HOLDER!!!!

1. There is a big enough compartment in the dash for two pairs of sunglasses

2. The car has a decent sized Glove box if you must put your sunglasses in a case first.

3. There is a large compartment under your right freaking elbow where you could put an entire collection of glasses...

are you kidding me with this No Sunglass holder!!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 11:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my sunglasses stay on my face...thank u very much.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:33 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by bmaczo6
You really need to understand that this is a problem with the dealer and not Acura. The dealer did the work and is responsible for their mistakes. Acura has plenty of other issues where they should take the blame but this is not one of them.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:48 PM
Honda4LiFe

I went through the same experience but the problems were different..the dealer was not trying to help me out. I tried a different Acura dealership and the service was good and the problem was resolved.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:37 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
The sunglass holder belongs where it used to be on the 2nd Gen TL and still resides on the MDX....

ON THE OVERHEAD CONSOLE!
Old 05-18-2008, 05:27 PM
Safety Car

Received 435 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by TypeSDragon
I never seen anyone feel so negative about the car. I mean no car is perfect, but you are nitpicking the smallest little things in the car. So what it doesn't have a sunglass holder, you can use the compartments at the center console. I don't know how you are retracting your seatbelt, but I don't have this problem. The wipers are not the best, but it does the job. And I never had a problem using the sports pedals when my shoes are wet. Oh wait, you said your feet, are you using your bare feet?? And how can you complain about the fuel? It is a V6 engine. I get an average of 29mpg in hwy and a little mix of city driving. It seems you hate this car so much, you might as well downgrade yourself to an accord since you are happy with that.
That's all this guy has to do......read some of the other rants.