Unknown Rattle??

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 08:13 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Unknown Rattle??

After going to the dealer and getting a couple rattles fixed I now have another rattle that I am noticing all the time now but I cannot figure out where the damn thing is coming from.

Somewhere in in the dashboard that is all I can tell. When listening to it you would think its the center speaker but its not. It almost seems to be coming from underneath the dash or behind the console somewhere.

I have heard it before but now that my other rattles are gone I notice all the time.

Im going to try and look at some more rattle threads if anyone has had something similar to this let me know.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Cruisin'

i have the same problem... took to dealer 3 times.. and i swear its getting worse
Old 05-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Quiet, Rika Neenja!

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks. my visors rattle like a sackful of nickels on a washing machine
Old 05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
Advanced

Try this...hit the tape deck door a couple of times and see if it sounds like that. Like push it in and immediately let it return. See if that's the problem...
Old 05-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Pro

ok i will try that. Currently I am only suffering from one rattle and it only comes around when the car has been sitting in the sun. Thankfully I park in a garage at work and home.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:13 PM
Advanced

Try opening the upper storage compartment above the gearshifter and see if it stops.

I had the passenger visor replaced under warranty.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:06 AM
1st Gear

groan in dash in hot weather

Hi,
I too am having the groan in the front end only when the vehicle sits in the sun. I'm from the northeast so it doesn't happen year round, the outside temps need to be around the upper 70s, and the car has to sit in the heat for some time. If you start it up a second time right after you hear it the first time, it's not there. It has to sit a while.
The dealer had it for quite some time late last summer and took off the entire front interior and replaced the air handling/circulation black box, whatever that is officially called, and said that they thought that was the problem. It did NOT fix it and I immediately had this same noise again late last summer but we ran out of warm weather to have the dealer continue with it. Now that it's closing in on summer here again, I'm in the midst of having the dealer service and sales people try and figure out what to do.

Since they cannot diagnose it, what next? Thoughts?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:56 AM
Be kind to us truckers !

Originally Posted by evanj5
After going to the dealer and getting a couple rattles fixed I now have another rattle that I am noticing all the time now but I cannot figure out where the damn thing is coming from.

Somewhere in in the dashboard that is all I can tell. When listening to it you would think its the center speaker but its not. It almost seems to be coming from underneath the dash or behind the console somewhere.

I have heard it before but now that my other rattles are gone I notice all the time.

Im going to try and look at some more rattle threads if anyone has had something similar to this let me know.
Yeah I got that rattle also! it seem's to be a common one I had the dealer check it out, they replaced some panel, but it's still there, it only happens on rough surfaces, I'm gonna have them fix the right rear passenger door panel rattle next and the subwoofer speaker deck rattle
Old 05-30-2008, 04:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by 007TL-S
Yeah I got that rattle also! it seem's to be a common one I had the dealer check it out, they replaced some panel, but it's still there, it only happens on rough surfaces, I'm gonna have them fix the right rear passenger door panel rattle next and the subwoofer speaker deck rattle

yeah i havent heard it much lately, but its so strange, comes from behind the center console.
Old 06-07-2008, 07:47 PM
lil' kid in ya....

I used to have rattles emanating from somewhere along the dash... and it also drove me nucking futs!! I read..read...and read many posts and tried all different fixes, then finally one of post suggested pushing the edges along the liner of the sunroof opening with your finger to check for play/rattle/squeaks, then shovel some piece of cushion material (I used left over moleskin) between liner and the metal surface where there is play. This method miraculously stop the rattle that was heard from the front dash. It's amazing how sound travels can trick you.

There were some other obvious rattles such as the left and right air vents, but those can be easily fixed by yanking those vents out and apply some felt on the clips of the vent. I don't really have any door rattles as many reported...knock on wood.

I'm happy to report it's been weeks now and no rattling with my baby... When I'm on rough road, just the sweet subtle sounds of tires going over bumps (babump...babump...babump).