Two Problems: Passenger side door won't unlock/Car won't start.

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2011, 01:57 PM
07 Nighthawk Black Pearl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two Problems: Passenger side door won't unlock/Car won't start.

I did some searching and couldn't find anything solid or completely relevant to my problem. I know the title may sound like these problems are related but they're not (at least I don't think so). The door issue has been around for a long time (two-three months) and I'm finally trying to get around to it. The car not starting issue seems to be intermittent (started two weeks ago). I'll explain in more detail below. I have a 2007 TL-S MT.

1) PS FD doesn't unlock

When hitting the unlock button on my remote, all doors unlock except for the passenger side front door. It actually moves slightly up but than goes back to its original locked position. Also, when trying to pull the lock tab up, it won't lift to unlock, again, stuck in the locked position. Obviously, I need to pull the door panel off to determine the issue, but the problem is, how do I open the door in order to do this?

2) Car won't start

Originally, I pointed to battery, but after the first incident, I depressed the clutch a few times and was able to get it to start. It's happened several times since then and everytime I release the clutch and depress it, it starts up. This time, I was unable to get it to work, now I just hear clicking noises when I step on the clutch but the car won't start or even attempt to turnover. I'm leaning on replacing the battery but I did so a couple years ago (2009) and it's a 2007, wouldn't think the battery would be out already. Is the battery only good for 2 years on these cars? Or from the sound of it, is it something else? clutch sensor? I dont' know...I'm baffled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!