Trunk open indicator stays on in MID

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 07:35 PM
ATN
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Trunk open indicator stays on in MID

Hey guys, Think im having an issue where my trunk indicator light pops up on the MID and wont go away even though the trunk is closed. I figured the issue was the trunk latch so I went ahead and picked up a new one from the dealer and replaced it but I'm still getting the same issue. Do you guys know what it could be? Its pretty annoying seeing the big orange trunk open indicator in the middle of the odometer and not being able to see anything else haha.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:24 AM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
I don't think it's the latch per se, but there is a small switch on the latch like so:

The arrow is pointing to a button that lets the MIDI know whether the trunk is opened or closed. In my particular case, the MIDI never showed that the trunk was open as I was missing a small plastic piece that attached to it. The plastic piece is supposed to actually push the button down when the trunk is open, and also keep the light on. I'd check there to see if your button is being pushed down all the time. If so, be forewarned that a constant light in the trunk can potentially also drain your battery.

I couldn't replace that plastic piece alone as the wires are soldered on there, but if I remember correctly I bought a second hand part and replaced some piece it was connected to.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:37 PM
ATN
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyfu
I don't think it's the latch per se, but there is a small switch on the latch like so:

The arrow is pointing to a button that lets the MIDI know whether the trunk is opened or closed. In my particular case, the MIDI never showed that the trunk was open as I was missing a small plastic piece that attached to it. The plastic piece is supposed to actually push the button down when the trunk is open, and also keep the light on. I'd check there to see if your button is being pushed down all the time. If so, be forewarned that a constant light in the trunk can potentially also drain your battery.

I couldn't replace that plastic piece alone as the wires are soldered on there, but if I remember correctly I bought a second hand part and replaced some piece it was connected to.
Thanks for the reply. Found out at the dealer today that the issue was with one of the wiring coming loose. Had to pay the diagnostic fee for that smh. Also couldn't replace the part I bought, since its an "electronic part".