Transmission question please

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:53 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission question please

I have a 06 TL and I was going to sac, car full of people and ac full blast going about 80 and my my tranny oil leaked everywhere so I got it towed home and my Nieghbor told me it over heated and the transmission oil bleed out the air line because it was next to my battery and I added more oil now and I’ve driven it here and there not that far though but do you think the tranny overheated how he said or can it be something bigger than that!? And is it even a good idea of driving the car?
Old 10-03-2017, 11:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Alejandro Pulido
I have a 06 TL and I was going to sac, car full of people and ac full blast going about 80 and my my tranny oil leaked everywhere so I got it towed home and my Nieghbor told me it over heated and the transmission oil bleed out the air line because it was next to my battery and I added more oil now and I’ve driven it here and there not that far though but do you think the tranny overheated how he said or can it be something bigger than that!? And is it even a good idea of driving the car?
Do not drive the car unless you know its not leaking fluid anymore? I would take it somewhere to diagnose. It does sound like a potentially strenuous circumstance but I would think/hope our cars could withstand that.

Last edited by stevemk07; 10-03-2017 at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Drifting

Received 601 Likes on 449 Posts
Based on reading previous transmission threads, generally if driving along and fluid comes out the dipstick tube, the transmission has overheated the fluid. Which means something is slipping or not engaging properly internally. The fact of it is...this was not a normal expected behavior and something is not working correctly and needs to be corrected prior to returning to normal driving usage.

I do not have an auto so I have zero experience on this...but search the forums on here and you find many threads discussing this. If I recall, most users change the pressure switches, change the fluid, and pray for the best.