TL-S owners, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TL-S owners, please help!

Have any of you fellow TL-S owners had this issue of your tail light lens cover cracking along the edges for no apparent reason? I bought my 08 TL-S at an Acura dealer, CPO a few months ago (15K miles, clean carfax record). Upon pick-up, I noticed that the rear right tail light lens cover had a crack along the upper edge. I pointed it out to them and they replaced the entire tail light assembly free of charge.

Two months later, another crack appeared in almost the exact same place!

I know there is a condensation issue with TL-S tail light lenses, but trust me guys, this is not condensation. It has been weeks since I discovered these new cracks, and they are not going away from simply parking the car out in the sun.

Now, I could swear that somebody on this forum posted about this exact same issue, but I can't for the life of me find the entry!

Is this some sort of weird structural issue that is putting too much pressure on this particular tail light? I'd greatly appreciate any input or insights. Thanks guys.

Here are some high-res pics:

Old 08-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I had something similiar happen with the paint on my front bumper. It's where the bumper or in your case tail light was really close to the fender. As you drive your car flexes in places and these areas (seems) along the lights/bumper and fenders vibrate and can cause paint chips and in your case a cracked tail light. Hope this makes sense and that you can get the tail replaced again. Good luck Not sure how to prevent it from happening again.
Old 08-14-2009, 01:51 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
I had something similiar happen with the paint on my front bumper. It's where the bumper or in your case tail light was really close to the fender. As you drive your car flexes in places and these areas (seems) along the lights/bumper and fenders vibrate and can cause paint chips and in your case a cracked tail light. Hope this makes sense and that you can get the tail replaced again. Good luck Not sure how to prevent it from happening again.
Thanks, man. I appreciate the input. I think it may have been you who posted about this issue before. Maybe I'll get them to replace the assembly again and then wedge a piece of gum between it and the body.