TL-S 07 6MT Loose Tranny question...

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 10:28 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL-S 07 6MT Loose Tranny question...

Ok, so here's the deal. My dad bought an 07 TL Type S last May and the car is great. We did notice that the shifter wasn't as tight as the shifter in my TSX... but we thought it was just because the TL Type S was a different car and a different tranny so whatever... just ignored it...

More detail... the shifter isnt tight... it is very easy to move it back and forth from side to side when it is in neutral. When you shift it into gears it makes a springy clanking sound... but it does shift, so we figured it wasnt a problem.

NOW, I have just bought a new TL Type S last friday night and my dad and I both drove it... the shifter is noticeably quieter, no clanking springy sound, and it is tight like my TSX was.

Has anyone else had this problem in their cars? I am thinking I will take it in but i would like to go with loaded guns if you know what i mean.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by yisrael42
Ok, so here's the deal. My dad bought an 07 TL Type S last May and the car is great. We did notice that the shifter wasn't as tight as the shifter in my TSX... but we thought it was just because the TL Type S was a different car and a different tranny so whatever... just ignored it...

More detail... the shifter isnt tight... it is very easy to move it back and forth from side to side when it is in neutral. When you shift it into gears it makes a springy clanking sound... but it does shift, so we figured it wasnt a problem.

NOW, I have just bought a new TL Type S last friday night and my dad and I both drove it... the shifter is noticeably quieter, no clanking springy sound, and it is tight like my TSX was.

Has anyone else had this problem in their cars? I am thinking I will take it in but i would like to go with loaded guns if you know what i mean.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Take your dads car in and tell then to do the 3rd gear TSB, my shifter and clutch pedal are completly different and tighter now that the TSB was done.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:48 AM
Instructor

Ok, will do. Thanks for the tip...

By the way, I didn't even realize how funny my thread title sounded when i posted it... read it again and realized

I'm a sick bastard
Old 04-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by evanj5
Take your dads car in and tell then to do the 3rd gear TSB, my shifter and clutch pedal are completly different and tighter now that the TSB was done.
Your clutch pedal's action is different because they replaced your clutch assembly not just the 3rd gear TSB.