TL questions...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 11:39 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TL questions...

I'm new to this forum... excellent forum by the way. We're nearing the commitment to buy (our first!) Acura TL w/nav. We had a Honda for many years and it never let us down. We've looked at the usual gang of suspects (Infiniti g35, BMW 325, BabyMercy, VW Passat, Volvo, etc...). Hands down.. the TL wins. Anyway, some questions...

1) The dealership offers an interesting paint protection in addition to Touch of Class. It looks like a clear film that goes over the lower 1/4 of the hood, the side view mirrors, the doorhandle areas, etc... It's purpose is to protec the paint from rock chips, rings on your finger that scratch the doors when you open them, etc... Anyone have experience with this product? I wonder if it's worth the money...

2) Like I mentioned before, our Honda ran forever and never gave us a single problem. Is the Acura extended warranty worth it? Seems like these cars are made with quality (unlike BMW, etc...) and my impression is that they generally don't spend a lot of time in the shop. Is the rationale for purchasing extended warranty more along the lines of "peace of mind" as opposed to "this car's gonna be in the shop several times a year"?

3) Lastly, I plan on negotiating for the very best price I can. There are several dealerships in the general area where I live (Sacramento, CA). Anyone on this board have experience (good or bad) with a particular dealership (sales as well as service) in this area and can offer me some advice?

Thanks in advance for your help... I hope to post soon pictures of the new family addition.