Thread closed at the request of the OP

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 11:42 PM
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thread closed at the request of the OP

ok guys I've heard it all...how Acura batterys suck and how a lot of people can't start their car after two or three days of not touching it all due to poor battery...FALSE...I've taken my car (2007 Acura TL Type S) to a delaer where they have 6 Master Techincians..as soon as I've told them about battery they said it's a known issue..what happens is every time you power your car off the "hands free link" stays on in your car which drains your battery..*they said that this is known issue at Acura and it's covered under warranty" part that they've changed it's about $900. If you take your car to a dealer...make sure to request that they do an electric draw test...this will show them that power is being pulled from this part even after the car is powered off..battery's are just fine!!

it looks like a lot of people are having start up issues with their TL's...I had the same issue..once the car is warmed up to it's operating temperature and than turned off for 15-20min it's really hard to start back up..engine turns for a long time before it "slowly diesel's up to 700 rpm"...some people think it's battery *wrong* i took my car to an Acura dealer where...they checked all possible things and found out that there is a defective fuel injector that leaks and loses fuel pressure...as well as floods the engine before next start up...they've replaced all 6 injectors free of charge (under warranty) and car fires up with no problems...hope this helps...if u do take your car to an Acura dealer make sure that you request for them to do a fuel pressure test...this will show the defect right away. This happened on both...my (2010 Acura TL SH-AWD and 2007 Acura TL Type S)
Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
The HFL problem has been discussed numerous times, but it never hurts to do a refresher:

Dead Battery? Check for a
Bad HFL Control Unit
Currently Applies To: ’07–09 MDX and ’07–08 TL
Got a vehicle in your shop with a dead battery? A
bad HandsFreeLinkâ (HFL) control unit could be the
culprit. A bad unit can cause a parasitic draw on the
battery of 225 to 275 mA, which is certain death if
the vehicle isn’t driven daily.
To check for a bad HFL control unit, follow these
steps:
1. Start the engine, and wait for 30 seconds.
2. Press the HFL Talk button on the left side of the
steering wheel.
3. If you hear the beep, continue with normal HFL
troubleshooting.
4. If you don’t hear the beep, replace the HFL
control unit

As far as the car turning over but not starting, this isn't battery related. If the battery were bad, the car wouldn't turn over or try to start. Got 4 years 10 mos out of the OE battery so I can't say they suck as I've seen worse.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:43 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbonut
Got 4 years 10 mos out of the OE battery so I can't say they suck as I've seen worse.
I'm still on the OE battery too .. car is an 06 TL.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:10 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 96 Likes on 74 Posts
Acura batteries do suck lol. I had one last a year and a half and it wouldn't hold a charge if I left it for a week.