Sunroof & Seatbelt Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 09:50 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sunroof & Seatbelt Rattles

Has anyone experienced creaking noises when the the weather is hot from the sunroof. I had no problems until the temperature began to warm up. Also, I have an annoying rattle coming from the passenger side seat belt adjuster. I have been to the dealer twice and they just keep lubricating these parts. I was not out of the dealership 10 minutes when the rattles started again!! Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Have the channels re-lubed, mine was creaking and they put more grease in the channels and its working just fine again.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

My Sunroof creaks a lot when its open on a warm day. It took me months to figure out thats where the sound was coming from. Close the sunroof (interior slider) and it goes away. Not sure of a fix yet.
Old 05-09-2006, 01:27 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by torca007
Has anyone experienced creaking noises when the the weather is hot from the sunroof. I had no problems until the temperature began to warm up. Also, I have an annoying rattle coming from the passenger side seat belt adjuster. I have been to the dealer twice and they just keep lubricating these parts. I was not out of the dealership 10 minutes when the rattles started again!! Any help would be appreciated.
Yes....turn your radio up.....lol
Old 05-09-2006, 10:01 PM
not vtech... VTEC!!!

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
b-pillar rattle

I did a write up about the b-pillar rattle.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130207

It silenced about 90% of the rattle within b-pillar. It does not bother me any more.

regarding the sunroof rattle. I got some silicone feet from external HDD's and stick them to the sunroof assembly so when it's closed the feet are sandwiched between the assembly and the windblock thingy... no more rattles.

I'll take some pics tomorrow.
Old 05-10-2006, 09:53 PM
Intermediate

Cool idea. My creaks seem to come from the rubber seal around the roof. As the car goes over bumps, the rubber rubs against the other parts creating the noise.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:29 PM
6th Gear

The rattle is coming from the pop-up deflector. If you open the sunroof, you will see this spring-loaded deflector come up. When the roof is closed, the tension is not enough to keep it snug and so it hits the inner metal lining about 3 inches in from each side. You can install some felt along the entire lenth where the deflector sits when the roof is closed or put a 2" length of double sided tape (or felt) on each end under where the deflector sits (and then hits). Mine makes no noise whatsoever ever since I did this.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:54 PM
6th Gear

The rattle is coming from the pop-up deflector. If you open the sunroof, you will see this spring-loaded deflector come up. When the roof is closed, the tension is not enough to keep it snug and so it hits the inner metal lining about 3 inches in from each side. You can install some felt along the entire lenth where the deflector sits when the roof is closed or put a 2" length of double sided tape (or felt) on each end under where the deflector sits (and then hits). Mine makes no noise whatsoever ever since I did this.