Sunroof and passenger speaker rattles HELP

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 09:38 AM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Unhappy Sunroof and passenger speaker rattles HELP

I have 06 TL and my sunroof rattles like no other. It sounds like somthing is loose in there and it happens more frequently when the sunroof cover is pulled back. I wanna say its the cover backstop. The dealer has already put felt around the wind visor and replaced some broken clips. But with no avail. Any one else encountered this problem before?

Also, my front passenger speaker rattles. When I crack the window, it stops. The dealer tighten the speaker and everything seemed good until today when the rattle came back. The rattle is present even if there isnt any music on. Any suggestions?

Thanks guys!
Old 07-04-2007, 08:56 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Funny you should mention it, because I have both of the same problems in my 06 5AT. It sounds to me like the sunroof "cover panel" (for lack of a better term) is what vibrates—or at least something touching it—since I only hear it when it's pushed back; I can close that panel and the vibration stops.

I'm at 20k+ on my year-old TL, so I'm about to bring it in for some touch-ups and warranty fixes. I've been saving them up...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
sunroof and door rattle

Hi,

So you did ever bring your TL in for the sunroof and door rattle fix? If so, what did the dealer do? Or is the problem still there?

Thanks
Old 07-25-2007, 11:46 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by gte401e
Hi,

So you did ever bring your TL in for the sunroof and door rattle fix? If so, what did the dealer do? Or is the problem still there?

Thanks
gte401e,

Don't feel so bad. I had 10 dealer visits in the 1st 16 months for roof rattles. Now at 3 years/33,000 miles, the fuckin thing is rattling again. Keep after them and don't allow 'em a moment's peace until the rattles are gone. I didn't.
Old 07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
NBP REPRESENT

I had them replace my passanger speaker and the grill cover on my 07 type s
They are doing work on the sunroof now, they are adding more crappy velcro to keep the fabric sealed tight and the sunroof cover panel has some issues so they are placing that as well...

I'll let you know how it sounds when I get it back tonight...

By the way I'm new on here, did nto want to post when I got my car, because i thought i was going to get rid of it since I have had so many issues with it...Ive already had like 20 parts replaced and i am VERY disappointed...
Old 07-27-2007, 07:36 PM
07 NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by BlacuraTL-S
I had them replace my passanger speaker and the grill cover on my 07 type s
They are doing work on the sunroof now, they are adding more crappy velcro to keep the fabric sealed tight and the sunroof cover panel has some issues so they are placing that as well...

I'll let you know how it sounds when I get it back tonight...

By the way I'm new on here, did nto want to post when I got my car, because i thought i was going to get rid of it since I have had so many issues with it...Ive already had like 20 parts replaced and i am VERY disappointed...

I might have the same issues as you.

I can't figure out where the sunroof one is coming from, but it does go away when I pull the cover closed.

The passenger speaker - I don't think it's actually the speaker. I noticed that if I open/expand the storage compartment, the rattle is gone. It might be that the sound from the speaker is vibrating a loose hinge or something on the expandable compartment. Give it a try - next time you hear the rattle, expand the compartment and see if you hear anything.

Annoying as heck. I can't believe all the rattles that have developed.