Slave Cylinder, Damper box, Clutch Master, or Pressure Plate???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 10:52 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slave Cylinder, Damper box, Clutch Master, or Pressure Plate???

So, I just bought an 05 TL Base 6MT about 2 weeks ago now. 1 week in of daily driving, and I've noticed the following after the car is warmed up:
A) not wanting to come out of gear sometimes, forcing me to have to "slap" it out of gear.
B) clutch pedal becoming difficult to depress (you can feel it not wanting to disengage)
C) from a stop, I often have to ease/anticipate when it's going to grab. Often where it normally grabs, isn't where it grabs all the time (if that makes sense). It then will "spring load" and engage hard causing either 1) the car to lurch, 2) the car to stall, and always 3) make me look like a moron.
D) requires me to double, or triple, clutch in order to go into any gear.

I took it back to the dealer I bought it from, and after 2 days they said nothing is wrong with it.....actually out of a few things that were wrong....they only found the things that are NOT under warranty (how convenient).

My question is, before I start throwing money, I want to start with the cheap/free fixes before the expensive. I thought the pressure plate may be cracked, but then I feel like that would cause the clutch to slip...which it does not. The clutch holds amazingly, and surprisingly. I know on my old Nissan S13 they had damper boxes on them to "eliminate clutch chatter", and it was one of the first things I bypassed. I think I could try this first since it's "free". But, how can I test the master cylinder?

I already googled this and looked on a few forums, but none really nail the exact symptoms that my TL is experiencing.

All suggestions appreciated!

Thanks!