Shuddering, and Vibration when shifting at low RPMs? HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2011, 08:16 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shuddering, and Vibration when shifting at low RPMs? HELP

Recently my 06 TL AT started shuddering or jolting when I shift at low RPMS and then let off the clutch. Especially going from a stop to 1st gear around 1500 RPMS. Its driving me insane!! Anyone have any idea what this might be? I dont believe its the clutch because I just went a 100+mph and had no slipping. Open for any advice!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:22 AM
3rd Gear

I take that back I have a 6spd MT.... All these abbreviations.
Old 05-06-2011, 08:53 AM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TKmagic
Recently my 06 TL AT started shuddering or jolting when I shift at low RPMS and then let off the clutch. Especially going from a stop to 1st gear around 1500 RPMS. Its driving me insane!! Anyone have any idea what this might be? I dont believe its the clutch because I just went a 100+mph and had no slipping. Open for any advice!
Mine does that too every once in awhile. I always just attributed it to I wasn't giving enough gas when letting off the clutch and its the sound it makes just before it would stall if it were too. Let me guess it goes away as soon as you push the clutch back down and give it some more gas?

...although I've driven a MT for years now and it seems to happen more with this car than any other I've had, but a lot of people that drive the 6MT say the clutch as an odd release compared to other cars theyve driven
Old 05-06-2011, 01:23 PM
3rd Gear

I took it on a drive around town with a lot of stop and go, and then drove it on the highway and I did notice less shuddering when I controlled the throttle and clutch release more. Maybe I just got to comfortable driving it and starting noticing little things like that. I was running it hard the other night though and the rev limiter kicked in before I threw it in 3rd and when I got out of the car a few later something smelled like it was burnt...

thanks a lot!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by TKmagic
I took it on a drive around town with a lot of stop and go, and then drove it on the highway and I did notice less shuddering when I controlled the throttle and clutch release more. Maybe I just got to comfortable driving it and starting noticing little things like that. I was running it hard the other night though and the rev limiter kicked in before I threw it in 3rd and when I got out of the car a few later something smelled like it was burnt...

thanks a lot!
check your fluid levels and see if they are okay. As well have you changed your brake/clutch fluid at all? It's good to put in some DOT4 or DOT5.1 fluid and change it atleast once every 3 yrs, one every 2 years is better but once a year is the best!
Old 05-06-2011, 10:01 PM
2nd Gear

I had the same problem w my 04 TL. Flushing the Tranmission worked for me. Also after that I changed the 3rd and 4th gear pressure sensors on the Tranmission. Guess it's a common problem w the 04-08 TL's. Do some research on this site you will see your not the only one. Hope it helps
Old 05-06-2011, 10:14 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,999 Likes on 1,420 Posts
Originally Posted by BlueNGoldTL
I had the same problem w my 04 TL. Flushing the Tranmission worked for me. Also after that I changed the 3rd and 4th gear pressure sensors on the Tranmission. Guess it's a common problem w the 04-08 TL's. Do some research on this site you will see your not the only one. Hope it helps
He has a 6spd and not the 5AT so it's a bit of a different animal