AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   Sagging headliner? (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/sagging-headliner-688420/)

CJ0920 09-22-2008 06:22 PM

Sagging headliner?

I bought an 04 TL back in January this year, and right under the sunroof, the headliner was hanging down. I recently took it to the dealer and they fixed the problem. But now, about a two weeks later, it's back down again!
I know it's only double sided tape, but anyone have this problem, or know what I should do?

Thanks for your help!

ggesq 09-22-2008 07:49 PM

Maybe this can help?

http://www.in.honda.com/Rjanisis/pubs/SB/B04-039.PDF

CJ0920 09-22-2008 08:42 PM

The service person told me there was a new kit that they installed for the headliner. I still don't see how it's supposed to say up with just double sided tape!? Thanks, I'll print it out and take it in to make sure that's what they did.

240sx acura tech 09-22-2008 11:20 PM

the kit is not a long lasting fix. if your head liner is saging and a line or v sag has developed . it will need a hew headliner.

nfnsquared 09-23-2008 05:47 AM

Some folks here just fixed it themselves with epoxy glue and new double sided tape. I think Southern Boy did a write-up on this. But if the headliner is damaged, definitely go back to the dealer and have them do the TSB. I had the TSB done to my 04 in 2004 and it's held ever since.

CJ0920 09-23-2008 07:21 AM

Will do, the headliner does have a V/fold/crease where its sagging, so I'm gonna take it back to see if they can replace it.

RACINGHART03 09-25-2008 06:07 PM

Use Epoxy and the heavy plastic velcro from radio shack. I fix these all the time with these two items.

Les24-05TL 07-28-2009 04:26 PM

what about sagging headliner on the rear window mounted brake light..only that is sagging for me, how do i remove the light so i can retuck??

TheDingo 03-30-2011 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by RACINGHART03 (Post 10028460)
Use Epoxy and the heavy plastic velcro from radio shack. I fix these all the time with these two items.

Did this tonight.. worked like a charm. It was sagging directly to the rear of the sunroof. I used LocTite Epoxy and some industrial grade Velcro. Got both from Lowe's for 9 bucks. There's plenty of material with both products to use more than once if need be. Let the LocTite Epoxy set for a half an hour and then stick it all together. Even though the Velcro is sticky on the surface side, Epoxy helps the hold. Finally, I did a bit of light sanding on the surface for a better hold w/ the Epoxy.

rico651 03-30-2011 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Les24-05TL (Post 11151964)
what about sagging headliner on the rear window mounted brake light..only that is sagging for me, how do i remove the light so i can retuck??

i have the same problem :whyme: didnt realize it til a couple of weeks ago

TheDingo 05-10-2011 07:49 PM

Well the epoxy finally met its match. South Florida heat. Sitting in the sun during the day at work, it eventually broke the glue down enough to where it would not even stick at all anymore. So, I went out this afternoon and bought some high heat resistant loc-tite epoxy. It took me a few minutes and a lot of fucking sweat to get all of the old glue off and sand it down so the epoxy will hold again. This time I am using an extra piece of industrial grade velcro to make the attachment point be closer together. I will post up the results in the next few days to how the high heat epoxy holds. My initial tests I did on the velcro to metal doesn't look very good so keep checking the thread if you are having this problem. We're gonna get it fixed :)

TheDingo 05-14-2011 10:28 PM

The high heat loc-tite epoxy still didn't do the trick. It will bond with the metal but not the material on the velcro.

I'm really starting to run out of ideas here... any help would be appreciated.

rossv1 05-31-2011 12:40 AM

What about a hot glue gun? Anyone tried it?