Rotor Stuck; Rotor Hub Cracked - Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009 | 12:10 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

I guess it doesn't take much common sense to realize that the pad material biting on itself will probably have a greater coefficient of friction (COF) than on the bare rotor, but seeing a real bed-in comparison, like stopping distance, would be nice [before vs. after bed-in]. btw.. like to like is not always better. They are independent. In an ideal relationship, assuming uniform material density and no medium / lubricator between materials, the physical characteristic of the independent materials and how they interact with each other in the physical form, which is the static / dynamic COF, is the determinent. For instance, you could slide glass fairly easy over a glass surface, but what about a rubber (same weight) over a glass surface?

"ABS is for people with no skills".. and I'd like to add.. in case you encounter someone with no skills. I had this ass cross in front of me in an intersection, I almost t-boned him. I had to pitch it down, let off and back on merging into the next lane. I don't remember if the abs engaged. The only time I remember ABS engaging was over a rail-road track right before a 3-way turn. well.. it works.. it does serve well for safety, that you can't knock. You can be a great driver but even the best can get taken out by another motorist / road conditions. Stability control and ABS have saved many lives and vehicles as well.