Replaced Passenger side motor mount but.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Replaced Passenger side motor mount but.....

So i replaced the Passenger side motor mount that was obviously busted.....put every thing back together took a drive still got vibrations. had my dad take a look and he said the engine was still moving more then it was supposed to. Question # 1 do i have to take anything apart to see if the front mount is busted? because just looking at it i cant tell but im pretty sure that is the reason the engine is still moving. Thanks for responses.
Old 09-06-2012, 06:19 PM
eg5
user title goes here

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
place car in drive,FOOT ON BRAKE
now slap the gas pedal and notice if engine moves more than normal, or if you feel a loud thump. you can have your dad out there watching for ya, but be very careful.
loud thump or excessive engne travel are indicative of a broken front mount.
also look around the front engine for fluid residue or just wetness around where the mount bolts to the bracket.
Old 09-12-2012, 06:05 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I replaced mine the other day and posted some pics of it completely destroyed. The front mount on my car has had no fluid leak, the entire area around the mount is free of fluid and the aluminum frame is clean. If you have fluid leak it attracts dirt, dust and would be obvious. Have heard that the rear mount can cause the most vibration but have not looked at that one yet. With the side mount broken I noticed a definite hesitation in the acceleration and different exhaust note...now it runs great. I'm convinced these cars just vibrate and that's apparent due to the number of complaints of interior rattles even when this generation was brand new. You will know when this mount is busted because your TL will sound like the front end is falling apart and its easy to access for those that need to fix it or have a look.