Rear window tint scratching

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 12:17 PM
iScrape going into

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Rear window tint scratching

I have seen the numerous threads about the front window tint being scratched on cars. I recently just got the front two redone and had moleskin applied to both of them. And today I got around to cleaning my car and noticed my back left window had a vertical scratch on it, I wasn't aware that the back one's had problems to or maybe it's just my car. Sucks cause it pisses me off just as soon as I think everything on that car is alright and fixed something always comes up. I guess I will have to get the moleskin put on both the rear windows also.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Pro

My rear window tint is scratched really bad also. My dealer tinted the windows and all 4 are completely covered in deep scratches. My dealer tints all of the windows in all of their TLs by default (every car on the lot has the windows tinted so they can charge an extra $210 on all of them). A co-worker of mine who recently bought an '07 TL got all 4 windows scratched within a month and took the car in to the dealer to bitch. The dealer actually had the audacity to say "we've never heard of this scratched tint problem before and never seen it on any other TLs". BULLSHIT!

Sorry... got a little off topic there... Yes, all 4 windows get scratched if you don't put the moleskin in there.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:20 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Desert_TL:
If your dealer was Chapman, they said when I bought the car the tint had a lifetime warranty on it.
They retinted mine because of scratches and added moleskin about 4 months ago at no charge.
Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 01:54 PM
Pro

sandynmike: i did get it at chapman. as did the coworker to which i'm referring. i didn't hear from him whether or not they installed moleskin, but they did replace the tint for free at least.

i guess that's the advantage of having the dealer tint the windows. you pay more for it up front, but if it's warranteed for life, in the long run, that's a very good thing. especially if i get free moleskin out of it.