Rear view mirror problem.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 03:12 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Rear view mirror problem.

A few weeks ago I came out to my car because I had to go pick my girlfriend up before a show and I look up and my rear view mirror had come down from the windshield. The metal plate was still attached to the mirror and there was no glue residue on the windshield or the plate. I went to autozone and got some mirror glue to reattach it and it worked fine for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Then today while driving to get food I adjusted my mirror and it came off again, but this time there is still some residue but not enough to hold the mirror up anymore. I live in Texas so it is pretty hot but we put the perfect amount of glue onto the plate when we did it the second time.

Does anyone else have this issue? And how do I fix it so that this wont happen again. (I get worried when it falls that I am damaging the cables for the dimmer by letting it hang).

Thanks.
Old 07-18-2011, 04:35 PM
Big plans not enough $$$

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Klexicon
A few weeks ago I came out to my car because I had to go pick my girlfriend up before a show and I look up and my rear view mirror had come down from the windshield. The metal plate was still attached to the mirror and there was no glue residue on the windshield or the plate. I went to autozone and got some mirror glue to reattach it and it worked fine for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Then today while driving to get food I adjusted my mirror and it came off again, but this time there is still some residue but not enough to hold the mirror up anymore. I live in Texas so it is pretty hot but we put the perfect amount of glue onto the plate when we did it the second time.

Does anyone else have this issue? And how do I fix it so that this wont happen again. (I get worried when it falls that I am damaging the cables for the dimmer by letting it hang).

Thanks.
This just happened to me on saturday, I put some subs and a amp on my car and the vibration knocked the mirror down, I was just going to ask that same question.
Old 07-18-2011, 05:52 PM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by BLK05TL
This just happened to me on saturday, I put some subs and a amp on my car and the vibration knocked the mirror down, I was just going to ask that same question.
I called the local Safelite (Windshield repair place) and they said they would glue it back up for about $10 (which is about what I paid for the glue I got from Autozone). I figure since they do this stuff all the time when they replace windshields that they will do it right and hopefully fix it if it happens again.