Really rough suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
Really rough suspension

I have a 06 WDP TL nav that i bought in Jan, and is it just me of is the suspension REALLY hard and noisy? So hard in fact that i have to wonder why more people are not complaining. I mean civics feel smoother. Now when i rode in the passenger side, i noticed it felt better - which leads me to belive something is wrong.

Now i havn't ridden in another 3G TL, but is there anyway i can check to see if my suspension is okay (mainly the front driver side portion). i dont really haev time to take it to the dealer, so if i make time i want to make sure something is actually wrong...

any help guys?

edit: and it seems to me liek the ride gets worse the longer i drive; could be because the roads are better near my house or something
Old 04-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by JustinZ
I have a 06 WDP TL nav that i bought in Jan, and is it just me of is the suspension REALLY hard and noisy? So hard in fact that i have to wonder why more people are not complaining. I mean civics feel smoother. Now when i rode in the passenger side, i noticed it felt better - which leads me to belive something is wrong.

Now i havn't ridden in another 3G TL, but is there anyway i can check to see if my suspension is okay (mainly the front driver side portion). i dont really haev time to take it to the dealer, so if i make time i want to make sure something is actually wrong...

any help guys?

edit: and it seems to me liek the ride gets worse the longer i drive; could be because the roads are better near my house or something
Have you taken Acura TL for test drive before your paid 33+$?
If you have than you knew that TL is very rough car (hard, sharp)...
If you have not that you do not appreciate your money.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
I test drove the TL last week before Ibought it and the first thing I noticed is it rode rougher than my lowered Passat on 18"s
Old 04-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
i know the ride is rough

but the passenger side is better than the driver's

so back to my question: is there anyway i can check myself is the struts oe whatever are ok and everything? i dont want to waste time bringing it to the dealer to find nothing is wrong
Old 04-04-2006, 09:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JustinZ
i know the ride is rough

but the passenger side is better than the driver's

so back to my question: is there anyway i can check myself is the struts oe whatever are ok and everything? i dont want to waste time bringing it to the dealer to find nothing is wrong
When I am a passenger in my TL I feel that car is much softer and I do not feel every bump, but once I am back as driver I have that feeling.
So I would say that you TL is OK (the way it must be by design)
Any way you can take it to the dealer, but I know what dealer will say : " It is normal
Old 04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
New and Improved!

Cool

Drivers ARE more connected to the car than the passenger. The passenger has a passive connection....sitting, feet relaxed and at most, holding on.

The driver is connected by the steering wheel (which decidely transmits road feel). You likely have one foot on the dead pedal. You are working accelerator, brake pedal and perhaps a clutch. You are attached to the car (one with the car) as opposed to riding in the car.

You also are driving, you are anticipating the road, you 'expect' to feel bumps when you see them. HOPEFULLY you are aware of what is ahead. The passenger is listening to tunes, looking for the resturant or just plain nagging you.

And yes, the TL does have a communicative ride. It is tight. I thought a bit too tight when I first got mine. Now a year later, either I have become accustomed to the ride, the suspension has relaxed...or both. I love it. Yet, it still puzzles me when a passenger says, 'what a nice smooth and quiet ride!'...

So yes, I think YOU should feel a difference in the driver's seat. If you are, then the TL is doing a good job connecting to the driver.
Old 04-04-2006, 11:48 PM
Safety Car

Not sure if it's because the car is new but I've compared my '06 and an '05, the '05 seems soft and my '06 is stiff. Anyone know if Acura did something with the suspension this year?