Really!!?? Again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Fire/medic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Really!!?? Again!

This is what happens every time my lovely wife uses my car..WTF!

http://s851.photobucket.com/albums/ab75/heatseker/

I was planning on lowering it but that is totally out of the question since she is attracted to cement curbs. I have one rim left without any curb residue on it, but I'm sure she'll get around to that one sooner or later.

I'm almost tempted to change the rims every time she goes to use it? And I can't tell her she can't drive it anymore, she'll kick me out of the house.. lol.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:58 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,014 Likes on 1,433 Posts
Tell her to be careful the next time she drives it. You can use a scare tactic that will work very well:

Tell her that if she curbs the rim again, it can damage the tire severely, enough to the point where if can fall apart while driving and cause an accident in which someone, including herself, may be hurt or even killed. As well, you can tell her that if she does damage the tire and no one gets hurt, a new tire is about 200 dollars, and you can only replace them in sets meaning 400 dollars.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:00 AM
Fire/medic

I tell her to be careful every time she drives it but it doesn't work. I think her sense of judgment might be a little off when it comes to how close the curbs are...lol. I'll have to give the tire can fall apart speech and see if that works.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:32 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
It took me almost a year to let my girlfriend drive my car...
She surprisingly hasn't curbed a wheel, let alone hit another car while driving!

not much you can do, in a practical sense! eeek!!!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:19 AM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 4 Posts
I ALWAYS find something new every time I let my GF drive my TL. Hamburger grease in the passenger seat from the bottom of a Wendy's bag was the worst. There's a big scratch on the lower front bumper from the last time. I have no problem making her feel really bad for it.
Just face it, no one loves your car like you do. If that is a big problem, then don't let anyone else touch it.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:39 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Time to get the divorce papers in order J/K
Old 10-31-2009, 09:59 AM
Fire/medic

Originally Posted by erick3
It took me almost a year to let my girlfriend drive my car...
She surprisingly hasn't curbed a wheel, let alone hit another car while driving!

not much you can do, in a practical sense! eeek!!!

That's the thing she loves to drive it and then I'm stuck driving her Hyundai with pink flowers on the back windshield..
Old 10-31-2009, 10:01 AM
Fire/medic

Originally Posted by JnC
Time to get the divorce papers in order J/K

Good one! I'll print some out and keep them in my car.lol. I'll bet you that will work...
Old 10-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh Hullow

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
my girlfriend refuses to drive my car because she doesnt want to be held responsible if she did do anything to my car haha... last time she borrowed my car she parked at the end of the lot in wal mart a good 20 spaces from the next person, and took a picture of it as proof. i told her that wasnt necessary but she insisted she does not want anything to be on her conscience haha.
Old 10-31-2009, 10:21 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
Originally Posted by 03bl AC k CL
my girlfriend refuses to drive my car because she doesnt want to be held responsible if she did do anything to my car haha... last time she borrowed my car she parked at the end of the lot in wal mart a good 20 spaces from the next person, and took a picture of it as proof. i told her that wasnt necessary but she insisted she does not want anything to be on her conscience haha.

You, my friend have a keeper right there
Old 10-31-2009, 11:10 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got some light curbage too on my right passenger side rims... (unfortunately, these are entirely my fault, I have no one to blame :P). Anyone have any idea how much it would cost to get them fixed or if they are repairable at all? And how much time it would take?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:16 AM
7th Gear

Find something she loves and slowly ruin it...then make the comparison between that and your wheels/tires...lol...that should keep things interesting.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:41 PM
Instructor

You could go all 70's and install some curb feelers for her
Old 10-31-2009, 05:09 PM
Team Owner

Received 6,470 Likes on 5,162 Posts
^^^ Yep, good, old fashioned gangster curb feelers are always an option. Not a good option-but yet, still an option!
Old 10-31-2009, 05:28 PM

Received 9,507 Likes on 6,176 Posts
Maybe Santa should bring her some driving lessons
Old 10-31-2009, 05:36 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
damn bro
Old 10-31-2009, 05:38 PM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
03 black cl u got a keeper man!!! my girl never drives my car now cause its lowered!!! not many women listen to thier men like ours SHE IS A KEEPER!!! LOL
Old 10-31-2009, 06:11 PM
Fire/medic

Talking

Originally Posted by s-frame
Find something she loves and slowly ruin it...then make the comparison between that and your wheels/tires...lol...that should keep things interesting.
lmao. I will have to figure out how to ruin her collection of make up then.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:16 PM
Fire/medic

I agree man you definitely have a keeper. I'll have to make her read this one.... My wife would probably find the two biggest trucks in the parking lot and park right in between them.lol.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:43 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by HEATSEEKER
lmao. I will have to figure out how to ruin her collection of make up then.
let it dry out(leave open)(for liquid); if it is powdered stuff maybe when you are shaving splash some water onto it

also since you live in florida, maybe put a hidden switch to disable the a/c system so she doesn't have A/C when driving it
Old 11-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Fire/medic

Originally Posted by friesm2000
let it dry out(leave open)(for liquid); if it is powdered stuff maybe when you are shaving splash some water onto it

also since you live in florida, maybe put a hidden switch to disable the a/c system so she doesn't have A/C when driving it

lol. I think the A/C switch should do the trick.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I would like to join the my girlfriend curbed my wheels club.... was feeling really generous one day and decided to let my girlfriend chauffer me around in the TL... ended up curbing the shit out of my driver side wheel.... never been so mad in my life... i still think about killing her everytime i look at it lol.... and what pisses me off even more is that she just doesnt understand why i feel the way i do about my car... "It's just a car".... NO its a F'in ACURA

Last edited by Imabeast31; 11-01-2009 at 11:45 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Imabeast31
and what pisses me off even more is that she just doesnt understand why i feel the way i do about my car... "It's just a car".... NO its a F'in ACURA

I'd tell her to purchase you a new rim and tire and pay to have it installed...."after all...its only money!"
Old 11-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Racer

Cool

Originally Posted by Thomasv
I'd tell her to purchase you a new rim and tire and pay to have it installed...."after all...its only money!"
lol... not such a bad idea.. i should ask her to ride somewhere with me and just drop her ass off at the Acura dealership and tell her not to come back until i have my wheel and tire... let her find out what its like to deal with those assholes
Old 11-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 170 Posts
Girlfriend curbs the rim =
Them's da !
Old 11-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,843 Likes on 8,574 Posts
easy.. move the seat all the way back.. disconnect the motor switch to the seat so she can't adjust it for her driving height. Hopefully she'll feel uncomfortable driving it and will stop leaving you with the Hyundai.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Fire/medic

I guess there is a lot of curbed rims out there. I thought I was the only one.lol. I took those pictures on my iphone they are a lot worse up close. Any one have pictures of what the wife's/girlfriends did to there rims? Maybe I'll feel better after seeing other curbed rims. lol.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Racer

NO its a F'in ACURA
No, it is just a car. Sometimes mistakes happen. If you don't want your SO damaging the car, then don't let her drive it. Easy as that.

I had a GF once who took my MR2 for a spin, and for some reason that I was never quite able to get her to explain, drove it down a new road that hadn't been paved yet. Got it stuck to the center caps in sugarsand. Dug about a 7 inch hole under each drive wheel. Had to call a tow truck and get it yanked out, which almost tore off the (very expensive Border) front bumper. She thought I'd kill her, but it was just a car, and cars can be fixed... Or in my case, washed about 40 times to get all the sand out of everywhere

Lesson learned, she didn't drive the MR2 solo anymore, but it wasn't anything to kick her ass over - and a good condition 2g MR2 is a hell of a lot harder to find than a good condition 3g TL.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:35 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 514 Likes on 290 Posts
the most important thing here is.... is she hot? Sometimes scraped rims are worth it, sometimes it's not

my wife doesn't drive my cur much, she know's i'd burst a blood vessel if something happened. Heck, she's not allowed to close the trunk by touching the outside [leaves fingerprints] has to swing it just right from the handle..
Old 11-02-2009, 03:23 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I guess there is a lot of curbed rims out there. I thought I was the only one.lol. I took those pictures on my iphone they are a lot worse up close. Any one have pictures of what the wife's/girlfriends did to there rims? Maybe I'll feel better after seeing other curbed rims. lol.
come to find after i posted the a/c thing/\, my soon to be wife curbchecked the right front REAL GOOD in the snow and hit the alignment out (steering wheel is like 15 or 20 degrees pointed to the left now, driving straight) so don't feel so bad (and she does prefer to drive MY CAR instead of her chevy caviliar)

BTW: the car was only aligned like 3 months ago
Old 11-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Racer

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...ast/curbed.jpg.... good thing im planning on putting rims on my car... by the way my car was dirty as hell when i took this.. hence the dirty wheel
Old 11-02-2009, 05:10 PM
Racer

Talking

Originally Posted by shadowkahn
No, it is just a car. Sometimes mistakes happen. If you don't want your SO damaging the car, then don't let her drive it. Easy as that.

I had a GF once who took my MR2 for a spin, and for some reason that I was never quite able to get her to explain, drove it down a new road that hadn't been paved yet. Got it stuck to the center caps in sugarsand. Dug about a 7 inch hole under each drive wheel. Had to call a tow truck and get it yanked out, which almost tore off the (very expensive Border) front bumper. She thought I'd kill her, but it was just a car, and cars can be fixed... Or in my case, washed about 40 times to get all the sand out of everywhere

Lesson learned, she didn't drive the MR2 solo anymore, but it wasn't anything to kick her ass over - and a good condition 2g MR2 is a hell of a lot harder to find than a good condition 3g TL.
.... I didnt mean to step on yours toes dude.. i dont think i could actually kick her ass lol... just a thought i have everytime i see this permanent scar. and your right it is just a car, but i must admit that i love my 3G TL like its my kid, but your a better man than me i may have went crazy if i were you... i respect your outlook on the situation
Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 PM
Fire/medic

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/z...ast/curbed.jpg.... good thing im planning on putting rims on my car... by the way my car was dirty as hell when i took this.. hence the dirty wheel

Ouch! That was a nice curb rub.. I'm going to lower it sooner or later, she probably won't won't to drive it then..
Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Racer

Ouch! That was a nice curb rub.. I'm going to lower it sooner or later, she probably won't won't to drive it then..
I hope that works out for you man...i would like to lower mine too but im leaning more towards 20" rims... hopefully i will find a set that looks good and fits perfect .. so much for a smooth ride huh? this will definitely mean no driving for the lady
Old 11-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Instructor

dude!!!

thats what happens when you pay more attention to your car than you do your girl... Shes probably just jealous of your other girlfriend

Peace,

Rolan
Old 11-03-2009, 08:59 AM
practicing nihilist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
my catless ATLP exhaust keeps the wife out of my car. "It's too loud!". Good. Don't drive it.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 514 Likes on 290 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowkahn

For the most part, I agree with you, it is just a car, it can be replaced, etc. However, what usually annoys me is 'stupid' decisions. Here's an example: we usually reverse park our cars in the garage, so when when I go in [before the days of the rear view camera] I would turn off my music and listen as I back up just incase something was in my path. As opposed to blaring music, and just giving it gas.
Another thing, is when we leave, to wait infront of the house till the garage is fully closed, instead of darting outta there pushing the garage button and hope it closes and that the signal was received.

So as you say accidents happen, and no ass should be kicked about it, but certain situations could easily be avoided and perhaps need a little ass-kicking.

btw, i forgot to add, 2g mr2 turbos are sweeeet cars, only thing i don't like is the gauges, kinda big and not sport like, rest is fantastic.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Racer

Phil, you're entirely right. A lot of people do amazingly stupid things. While I didn't kick my ex's ass over sinking my car, I also didn't exactly disagree with her when she said she had been really stupid I'm not sure why such obvious things as "don't drive a 2WD sports car in quicksand" are not obvious to everyone, and I'm sure we could launch into an interesting psychology discussion over it if the mods didn't shut us down

BTW I agree with you about the gauges. After I redo the cracked leather seats and get the car repainted, I'll start working on little visual details like that. . . If I can resist the urge to get a JDM turbo motor in it. . It's kinda embarrassing that the TL is significantly faster in a straight line than a car that looks like a baby Ferrari
Old 11-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Anthracite

Received 34 Likes on 32 Posts
take something she values and destroy it (rip the heads of her barbies off)
Old 11-03-2009, 04:42 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
That is awesome!

My girlfriend says the same thing and she drove it once around the block and said that she was super nervous because she thought if something happened I would kill her.

The other day she almost took a heart attack because she came within inchs of hitting my front bumper.

I told her that she would just have to get me a better one.