Question on locking doors

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016 | 06:59 PM
1st Gear

Question on locking doors

Hi all, I have an 08 tl type s. Love this car but can't get the lights to flash and chirp sound when I lock the doors. I just had both door lock actuators changed and it still won't work. I tried programming the settings but nothing sticks. Anyone know what's going on? I ring you this is a handy feature when I can't remember if I locked the doors after walking away. Getting that notification from a distance is great.
Thanks for any input.
Old 02-28-2016 | 10:29 PM
Advanced

If your doors are locking, but your lights are not flashing and you are not receiving the chirp sound, I'd bet there is an issue with either your hood or trunk latch switch, or the latch mechanism itself that engages/disengages the switch. Both switches should be "open" when the hood and trunk are closed, which is required along with having all four doors closed to receive the chirp/flashing lights. Try cleaning, lubing and exercising the latch mechanisms to verify they aren't sticking. If you're still having problems, ohm out the switches per the attached document and see if one of the switches may be bad or sticking.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Hood Switch Test.pdf (90.5 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by AMTMJ; 02-28-2016 at 10:31 PM.