Protruding Dent On Most '07 TL-S!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 06:12 PM
RamRod FD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Protruding Dent On Most '07 TL-S!

Well I just bought an '07 DWP TL-S. As I was washing it for the first time I noticed a dent, well outward dent on the front bumper about 2 inches or so to the left of the tow cable inlet. Looking at the car from the front, you know the little square thing that everyone asks "what's that hole plugged there for?" My first thought was, "What the hell did my wife hit already!?" but there are no scratch marks and the car is garage-kept and there were no dents in the wall to suggest anything was hit so I took the car to the dealer and they pulled the bumper off and , that's where they inject the material to mold the front bumpers. When they're finished with the bumper they don't bother to shave the excess plastic mold where it's injected, they just slap it on the car after it's painted which that spot behind the bumper presses out because there's no clearance behind it... causing the infamous protruding dent.

They looked at all the other TL-S mostly 2007's and they all had the same problem, some just as severe, some not, but hell I got a free set of tires and rims plus some all season floor mats because they said that they could replace the bumper but the problem might arise again... So I took some credit toward dealer merchandise... and with the District Manager there he agreed to hook me up instead of fixing this problem... If they're not willing to help you fix the problem, which they should, get the District Manager involved. He told me himself they have a 2 million dollar budget to spend just on customer service in his district alone... Acura loves to tell how great their customer service is! Make em' show ya!
Old 10-08-2007, 02:34 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramrod
Well I just bought an '07 DWP TL-S. As I was washing it for the first time I noticed a dent, well outward dent on the front bumper about 2 inches or so to the left of the tow cable inlet. Looking at the car from the front, you know the little square thing that everyone asks "what's that hole plugged there for?" My first thought was, "What the hell did my wife hit already!?" but there are no scratch marks and the car is garage-kept and there were no dents in the wall to suggest anything was hit so I took the car to the dealer and they pulled the bumper off and , that's where they inject the material to mold the front bumpers. When they're finished with the bumper they don't bother to shave the excess plastic mold where it's injected, they just slap it on the car after it's painted which that spot behind the bumper presses out because there's no clearance behind it... causing the infamous protruding dent.

They looked at all the other TL-S mostly 2007's and they all had the same problem, some just as severe, some not, but hell I got a free set of tires and rims plus some all season floor mats because they said that they could replace the bumper but the problem might arise again... So I took some credit toward dealer merchandise... and with the District Manager there he agreed to hook me up instead of fixing this problem... If they're not willing to help you fix the problem, which they should, get the District Manager involved. He told me himself they have a 2 million dollar budget to spend just on customer service in his district alone... Acura loves to tell how great their customer service is! Make em' show ya!
It's not there on mine...maybe just a certain VIN range? I looked quickly at the cars on the dealer's lot yesterday, and I didn't see any with the damage you describe.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:53 AM
2007 TL-S & CBR600RR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...Pics would be helpful on this one. I've looked my car over (Dec manufacturing date) and can't find it.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:55 PM
RamRod FD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry about the non-pic... I'll try and get them today...