problem with tl

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
problem with tl

Hello to all:

I havent posted in quite a while, but just wanted to see if anyone else has had this problem.
2005, approx 30,000 miles auto.
I had to have the motor mounts replaced. Had a banging noise in front end, thought it was a strut or suspension, but dealer said it was the motormounts, and replaced under warranty.
Its kind of weird to have the mounts go on such a new vehicle in my experience.
Anyone else have this problem?
No other problems with tl, except it seems the life of the oil is getting shorter and shorter between servicings. Nothing has changed in the way the vehicle has been driven. Any concerns with this?
My steady drive an infiniti m35x, has proven to be a total workhorse. I prefer it in every instance, except its a dull vehicle to drive. So when I need the excitement, I swap the infiniti with my brother, and I use the tl. (We gave him a permanent loan of the tl, as a gift a few years ago. LOL)

Thanks to all
Old 05-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Race Director

Received 277 Likes on 161 Posts
I've replaced my motor mounts in the 2G a few items... I guess you really have a heavy foot.

In regards to oil life getting shorter and shorter, it's all depends on how well you maintain your engine. Seafoam it, use better gas, and did you buy the car new?
Old 05-30-2008, 12:26 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they are junk...no worries they are in the process of making new higher abuse takers due out in 3 weeks....i have 2 broken at the moment and im not even going to acura til the new ones drop
Old 05-30-2008, 12:38 PM
Instructor

Received 34 Likes on 12 Posts
Motor mounts broken, shorter oil life, car on permanent loan to brother.......hmmmmmm.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:47 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Seafoam the engine oil before next change to clean the oil passageways
Are you on good name brand oil and filter, and 7500 mile intervals?
Old 05-30-2008, 02:31 PM
NTMD8

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Man.... Permanent Loan of TL to your brother??? I want my brother to permanently loan me a TL...

Lol but like Old Coastie said.... should check with the bro on the motor mounts :P
Old 05-30-2008, 02:50 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Checkout flatfoot's previous post. The entire history is or was there. Cliffnotes: He is a returned veteran, police officer with back problems. TL seats made him hurt so he gave it up and helped his younger brother. He also loved the car and the forum so he still post on occasion.

My 2005 is@ 44,000 miles with no motor mount problems so far. Exactly how does your brother drive? As I recall, he is fairly young. Any way at least the replacement is covered. Oil changes still come up in 5-7000 miles.

Glad the M35 is doing its job. Happy I don't have to drive a dull car.
Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
motor mounts

Originally Posted by MR1
Checkout flatfoot's previous post. The entire history is or was there. Cliffnotes: He is a returned veteran, police officer with back problems. TL seats made him hurt so he gave it up and helped his younger brother. He also loved the car and the forum so he still post on occasion.

My 2005 is@ 44,000 miles with no motor mount problems so far. Exactly how does your brother drive? As I recall, he is fairly young. Any way at least the replacement is covered. Oil changes still come up in 5-7000 miles.

Glad the M35 is doing its job. Happy I don't have to drive a dull car.
Thanks for remembering me MR1. You have it summed up nicely.
My brother parks the tl right next to mine in the garage, and I maintain it at the Acura dealer. I do whatever has to be done.
My brother, drives the car very responsibly. He doesnt abuse it, one iota, and believe me, I watch and observe and ask. LOL. He is 26 years old now, and not into cars. He looks as the vehicle as mearly transportation. Gas mpg is much higher then when I drive it, and he hasnt gone through any brakes or anything. So he is very easy on it and responsible. I hear his friends say he drives like an old man(and I say this with no disrespect- they make fun of him, how long it takes him to get places, because of him always obeying the law)
M35x is so boring, to be ridiculous. And I dont enjoy the constant roar of the engine, but it glides over the rough roads of nyc and doesnt jar me around. You will go over potholes and rough roads, and glide over them, while still feeling every bit of cars handling through the steering wheel. My back doesnt take a jaring. And it is so confident in the snow and in the rain.
I still have not seen a vehicle, that I believe has a nicer looking drivers compartment then the tl. I still get a thrill getting into it, and feeling what its got on occassion.
Just to have the motor mounts go out, surprised me. And the oil, just seems to exhaust according to the computer, much faster. I need to get my records out, and plot the miles between changes and see if my feeling are correct.
The dealer has always been good to me, and very professional. Much better attitude then the infiniti people as far as attitude is concerned. But no problems with the infinite car to speak of.

Much regards to all.