Please help

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation Please help

Well this is the problem one week ago I went to the store and when I came out my car wont start so I figure out it could be the battery so some guy give me a jump start and it works no problems till 2 days ago I came from work at night parked the car and the next day when I tried to started the battery was dead no lights no nothing so took the battery to get it checked and the battery its bad so got a new one put it back on the car starts fine I didn't move the car that day because I took my other car and today when I started the car it starts but the vsa light and the vsa triangle lights stayed on and I cant move the shifter from parking its so hard so I shut the car down and wait 5 min to see if the lights went down but still the same what could it be ? also when I tried to lock the car nothing happens and the light on the ceiling stay on !
Old 04-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
That was one hell of a run on sentence.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 PM
TLicious Type S

Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts
You may try resetting the ecu and if that doesn't work you can have the dealer run a diagnostic that might help point out the electrical problem and you can go ahead and read the VSA message to see if that tells you anything useful and then clear the system and if the car is locked in park you can release the shift lock by opening the little cover on the silver shift plate in the center console and inserting your key and that will allow the shifter to release so you can drive the car

:-)
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question update

I checked all the fuses and the one under the hood that says stop/brake its burn so I replace it and all looks normal, took the car for a drive and it happens again the vsa light came on and the fuse its burn again , I talked to a mechanic a friend of mine he said it could be a short hes going to check the brake switch and the fuses box hope its nothing bad
Old 04-20-2013, 11:15 PM
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by con5tant
That was one hell of a run on sentence.
Yea this whole thread could use a few periods!

Here you go:

Feel free not to use sparingly!
The following users liked this post:
dannyz (04-21-2013)