Please help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:35 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help!!

Hello everyone, I'm hoping someone can help me a bit.

I have a 2005 Acura TL w/navi...I recently took my car in because the bluetooth was acting funny. They guy at Acura told me they had to reset the system and asked me if I had anything I wanted to write down from the navi before he reset it. (just in case he deletes it)

He came back a few min. later and told me the Bluetooth was working fine after the reset...BUT the Navi wasn't working. When I turn the car on it has the "H" honda symbol instead of the "A" for Acura. It also does not have a voice anymore, the color schemes are different and I cannot connect to the bluetooth from my navi anymore. They guy told me he's never seen this before and asked me if I had anyone change my navi to show the "H". I said no, I would never do that and that'a stupid.

They ordered me a 2009 dvd Navi update and that didn't work. So the guy at Acura then told me "someone messed with your Navi and did this" I told him nobody has ever driven the car other then me and my girlfriend.

Well my car has been in the shop for a few days now and it's seems like they have NO IDEA what to do. They are slowly trying to put the blame on me so that it voids the warranty. They are gonna have to order an entire new navi system...ughh Has anyone heard of this problem before??
Does anyone have any advice?? I would be very grateful.

Thanks,

Jay
Old 08-06-2009, 06:03 AM
Race Director

Received 1,795 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Are you the original owner? If not, the previous owner could have done one of the navi hacks to the system. But even if that is the case, it's easily returned to original software by reloading. See the navi hack sticky in the audio and navigation forum. The directions for reloading are in there somewhere.
Old 08-07-2009, 04:58 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks buddy...Im gonna check it out