O2 sensor issues, or so it appears

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 01:43 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
O2 sensor issues, or so it appears

Greetings all, I'm fresh out of the DEQ today with a fail, due to the three o2 error codes below. From what I can tell online so far, I likely need to replace my bank 1 sensor 1 o2 sensor, though will need to check for wiring issues, and there is some chance that other stuff could be wrong. I'm hoping that you all can confirm that this does appear to be the course of action I need, if there is a specific youtube video going over it that you trust to be accurate (one car household, can't risk messing it up, can't afford to have someone else deal with it), and if there is a specific brand/model which is hopefully less expensive but also not low quality shite.

p0134
p2243
p2251

So I believe my process is this:
-check for any obvious wiring issues
-ideally reset the codes and do a drive cycle, see if they come up again (I can check again by going in to the DEQ again and having them tell me I fail again, if the codes come back, though would love to skip the hassle.)
-replace o2 sensor
-reset codes, another drive cycle, see if error codes are gone.

Any other likely things I need to check, such as does the Acura have a fuse for the oxygen sensor heater circuit I should check (seems like if I did, I should get a P0135 error)? I shouldn't have any rust or issues with the exhaust pipe, but did a couple years ago dent my catalytic converter, but was told it was not damaged.

Thanks for any help and input!
Old 12-31-2017, 05:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
If you have a meter you check the activity, but, maybe throwing money away, just replace the sensor and go from there.
Want to do some additional work, swap the upstream sensors to see the results.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:24 PM
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I found that I can check the diagnostic codes through the XM system, and all the codes I did have were pointing to the same bank 1 sensor 1 needing to be replaced, so that's on the way to me to take care of.