Now what!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 08:17 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Now what!!!

Hello!
So my 04 TL was giving issues with the check engine light brought it to Acura and was told it was the APP sensor had it replaced last week (Friday). Yesterday 6/14/11 I brought it to get all 4 tires replaced since it needed them really bad so I left the tire store HAPPY! Today I noticed the car was smoking from under the hood on the back left hand side of the engine..Anyone has any ideas the car has 108k its not leaking and the fluids that I knew too check where good???
Old 06-15-2011, 08:44 PM
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by LadyTL04
Hello!
So my 04 TL was giving issues with the check engine light brought it to Acura and was told it was the APP sensor had it replaced last week (Friday). Yesterday 6/14/11 I brought it to get all 4 tires replaced since it needed them really bad so I left the tire store HAPPY! Today I noticed the car was smoking from under the hood on the back left hand side of the engine..Anyone has any ideas the car has 108k its not leaking and the fluids that I knew too check where good???
Not sure, but have you had the Power Steering Hose recall done?
Old 06-15-2011, 08:48 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,149 Likes on 775 Posts
Today I noticed the car was smoking from under the hood on the back left hand side of the engine.
There was a RECALL for the power steering hose on all '04-'08 Acura TL models-- some cars had steering fluid drip out onto their engines, and a few resulted in engine bay fires.
Have the car looked at immediately. Your car should have had the recall performed; if not, have it done ASAP. Some dealers did not replace the PS inlet o-ring with the orange o-ring from the recall kit when doing the recall, resulting in air entering the PS system even after the recall.
There was also a wiper motor recall, so both recalls should be performed at the same time. There is no charge to the customer for recall work, and the recalls apply even after warranties have expired.

Welcome to AZ.
The following users liked this post:
AcRightLINY (06-15-2011)
Old 06-16-2011, 06:06 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Hello!
Most likely your P/S hose wasn't done under the Recall. My honest suggestion to you is take your vehicle to the dealership have them do a real good multi-point inspection and advice of repairs needed to keep you safe. At 105K if you haven't done this already your due for a Timing belt w/ water pump, coolant flush and spark plugs. Optional is a valve adjustment which won't hurt the vehicle. If this may seem like a lot of money and your vehicle needs other maintance items then it's best to look into another vehicle which requires less maintance and costs less to keep on the road. Best of luck.