AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   No key's, is there anyway possible to start? Plz help. (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/no-keys-there-anyway-possible-start-plz-help-978724/)

Alex Gomez 04-13-2019 05:12 PM

No key's, is there anyway possible to start? Plz help.

I have a 2004 TL, pearl white beautiful she is. I recently lost my keys and honestly everytime I have $ I never think about our a replacement. Well i really want to know if there's anyway possible in turning on my car? I do have a valet key but without a chipped key it seems it doesn't want to turn over when it cranks..I almost got her towed away by the city because it's a foot or two on the red zone. I tried pushing it but it's not that very easy. dont want to loose her. Please help if anybody knows something. Thanks

MyGuti 04-13-2019 05:36 PM

The valet key would start the vehicle, this is basically the only purpose of the valet key.
But since it's not turning over, it could be due to a bad starter, possibly even a battery.
Give us more details regarding what happens when you attempt to start it.

Alex Gomez 04-13-2019 09:31 PM

Thanks for your reply

The valet key I have doesn't have a chip, that's why I think it doesnt turn over..or start.

gatrhumpy 04-13-2019 09:40 PM

The valet key should start the car. If you tried the valet key, and it doesn't start, something else is wrong. When you insert the key, do the electronics flicker or come on? If they do, it's not the battery. Could be the starter or fuel pump.

guitarplayer16 04-13-2019 09:45 PM

Maybe a bit outside the box here but another possibility is that a previous owner got the ECU reprogrammed (to program with a new/missing key) at a dealer and forgot to bring the valet key as all keys must be present when reprogramming the ECU.

peter6 04-14-2019 10:10 AM

Without the programmed key, engine will still crank, but green key light will be flashing and engine will not start.

Valet key will at least make the engine crank, and it should start it and allow you to drive.

Try to jump start the car. Maybe battery is just dead. You know, simple things first.

Jermall Brown 11-05-2019 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Alex Gomez (Post 16411069)
I have a 2004 TL, pearl white beautiful she is. I recently lost my keys and honestly everytime I have $ I never think about our a replacement. Well i really want to know if there's anyway possible in turning on my car? I do have a valet key but without a chipped key it seems it doesn't want to turn over when it cranks..I almost got her towed away by the city because it's a foot or two on the red zone. I tried pushing it but it's not that very easy. dont want to loose her. Please help if anybody knows something. Thanks

Just curious to know if you had any success with this???? My immo is flashing n I could use some help with it