AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   Need help asap (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/need-help-asap-960795/)

Ryan Travis 07-24-2017 05:50 PM

Need help asap

Sitting in my 07 TLS doing laundry with the car completely off but the key in the ignition when I start to hear a clicking coming from the fuse box area. I look up and resize my interior lights are flickering and don't know what the problem could be so I try to start the car, but the car acts as if it has a dead battery and my dashboard lights are twitching and acting weird. I unplugged the battery from the car and as soon as I make the connection it starts making the clicking noise again. I'm unable to do anything electrical with the ca;, close windows, lock/unlock doors, etc. Does anyone know what this could be or how I can fix it at least temporarily ?? I don't want to leave my car with open windows tonight in a random parking lot especially with rain coming

eastcoastguy 07-24-2017 06:26 PM

Sounds like a dead battery, have someone get you one and bring it to you. Our cars do weird things with weak/dead batteries.

nfnsquared 07-24-2017 07:36 PM

Don't do laundry in your TL...

nfnsquared 07-24-2017 07:37 PM

Dead battery? If so, why? HFL? Bad alternator?

Loose/corroded battery cable?

Danieliyo 07-24-2017 10:44 PM

I recently had the same issues as you are describing. I have an 07 TL-S as well. My gauges were flickering and all the needles where down at the bottom with no movement. When it first happened, I thought it was the battery and went out to buy a new battery. New battery worked fine for a few days until one morning I went to start it and the same issues happened again. After that, I thought it was the HFL trying to boot up overnight and disconnected it after doing some research on here. Connected another battery from a different vehicle I have and overnight the battery was dead and same issue again happened. After going through 3 batteries, I replaced my alternator today and everything is back to normal. I also had a whining noise going on before this all happened and it ended up being the alternator that was bad.

Like everyone else said, could be the battery, the HFL draining the battery or the alternator.

Hopefully is just your battery! Good luck

nfnsquared 07-25-2017 06:53 AM

p.s.

OP, the clicking sound you are hearing is an "undervoltage" in the starter cut relay.

flyromeo3 07-26-2017 07:24 AM

reminds me of when my brother in law was stuck in traffic ( accident shut down highway )
he decides to shut the car off while listening to the radio and blasting the heater. By the time traffic started moving. He killed the battery but according to him he did nothing wrong.
Was surprised to see how common of a practice this is