NEED HELP!! 05 TL ACC fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2017, 09:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NEED HELP!! 05 TL ACC fuse keeps blowing

Hello Guys. I need some help, My Wifes car wont stop blowing the ACC fuse( 7.5). I have checked all the fuses have checked wiring harness. I can't seem to find anything that would have caused this.I pulled the nav and radio out everything looks fine. My radio,nav,shift lock.and clock are all out. Car sat for a week went to drive and this happened. Any ideas would be Great or even a wiring schematic would be helpful. Ive seen some that have had similar issues but slightly different. All my Lights work!!
Old 05-05-2017, 12:30 PM
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Does it blow every time you start the car?

I had a weird issue with my old Chevy Malibu. I had a fuse the would blow that would control all but the RPM and Tach on the gauge cluster and the ACC 12v power outlets. My AC wasn't working at the time either. Turns out, the AC compressor relay was bad and I believe what was blowing the fuse was having the AC left in the "On" position before I turned the car on. The fuse would blow immediately after I turned the car on sometimes and last a week other times. Fuse had nothing to do with the AC compressor.

Electrical issues suck, but the point I am getting at is there may be the potential of that fuse being tied to something else. Potentially the ACC fuse is telling something else to turn on, which is also blown and it blows the ACC fuse.

I would try and get your hands on an electrical diagram for the car and see what else that fuse is tied to and see if something isn't working properly. Could be seemingly unrelated.

Which fuse # is it? You could try searching Google and see if anyone else had had the same problem with the car. I am not good with electrical issues, if my rambling answer wasn't an indicator.

Last edited by NoTLoud; 05-05-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Cruisin'

Yes. Every time I turn the key to the on position. Its fuse 32
Old 05-09-2017, 05:21 PM
Cruisin'

bump
Old 05-10-2017, 08:45 AM
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
It could be bad relay Accessory Power Socket Relay (#19) on page 22-66. You have to test the circuit or you can do trial and error I guess by taking out the relay, put new fuse #32 in, start the car, if it doesn't blow, then you know it COULD be a bad relay. Testing the circuit would be best, but it takes time by pulling all the fuse and relay out 1 by 1. Doing this way, you can figure out if other fuse/area is affecting it. I'm not an expert but hope it helps point you to where to look.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
32-Audio unit, Audio-HVAC display module, Navigation unit, Shift lock solenoid (A/T), HandsFreeLink control unit.