AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   3G TL Problems & Fixes (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/)
-   -   My side mirrors are driving me insane (https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/my-side-mirrors-driving-me-insane-983105/)

starklassik 10-10-2019 01:36 PM

My side mirrors are driving me insane

Okay, I have just about had it with my sideview mirrors. I have read there are issues with these things, but nothing I do seems to get them to stop moving around all over the place. They go off on crazy angles when I unlock the car, when I shift, etc.

Am I doomed to having to replace them? I tried pushing on them to get them to re-seat and they both are securely on their respective tracks. But I literally am having to readjust them every. Single. Time. I. Drive.

I can't seem to find posts dedicated to solutions on this topic. Is there any way to disable the auto functions so they'll at least stay in the same place I set them? Am I missing something obvious as to how to fix them? Grr. Sorry not sorry for the rant and thanks in advance for any tips you may have. I know I'm not the only one with this problem.

Jackass 10-10-2019 03:36 PM

The fix is to replace the actuators. If they are jumping around all the time, it is an electrical issue, not mechanical.

As for making them not move. Adjust both of your key/driver settings to have the same mirror positions and then leave the switch in the middle. If they still move around after that...again...it is electrical and you either need to pull the fuse or replace the actuator.

USNA93 10-18-2019 05:20 PM

Agree. My 05TL MT has had the passenger side view mirror going crazy for about 2 years. It moves on it's own, it doesn't tilt when reversing like it should, clicks loudly when reversing, and when I start driving it doesn't return to my set position. And my memory seat buttons stopped working. I read in a post how the actuator actually ties to the memory buttons so I ordered a replacement (part number 76210-STX-H03...note that this is the part that replaces the original) for about $40 shipped. Took 15 mins to replace it and I've noticed it's super smooth and quiet. So far it's working like it should.

USNA93 10-18-2019 05:21 PM

...and no, you can't disable them. I tried setting the left/right control button to the middle and that side mirror would still move on its own.

starklassik 10-28-2019 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by USNA93 (Post 16494457)
Agree. My 05TL MT has had the passenger side view mirror going crazy for about 2 years. It moves on it's own, it doesn't tilt when reversing like it should, clicks loudly when reversing, and when I start driving it doesn't return to my set position. And my memory seat buttons stopped working. I read in a post how the actuator actually ties to the memory buttons so I ordered a replacement (part number 76210-STX-H03...note that this is the part that replaces the original) for about $40 shipped. Took 15 mins to replace it and I've noticed it's super smooth and quiet. So far it's working like it should.

Thanks. I re-greased both mirrors but my issue is not solved. Actuators are next.

LoveMyTL-S 12-17-2019 10:25 AM

I need to do this as well. I'll be ordering the actuator soon..........thanks.