Map/Dome LED's Won't Turn Off...

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:55 AM
2014 Jeep SRT

Received 1,615 Likes on 1,030 Posts
Unhappy Map/Dome LED's Won't Turn Off...

So within the past month or so, I've noticed that my VLED map and dome lights do not turn off unless the master interior light switch is set to OFF. When I first noticed it, I could see that all my interior LED's would flicker very faintly, but now, if the switch is set to "door", all of the bulbs stay on brighter at 50% power, regardless if I'm driving, or if the car is off with the doors locked. If the switch is set to ON, all the LED's come on at 100% as normal, however, I have to leave the switch set to OFF all the time now.

I did some searching and found some really old threads mentioning a known power leak issue in some 04-06 TL's, but I could not find any recent/relevant information about this happening in any newer TL's. The only "fix" I read about was to swap back in the stock halogen wedge bulbs, since they don't react to the power leak issues the same way a LED bulb does, since LED bulbs require much less power to function. Obviously, I don't want to run the ugly yellow halogen bulbs in my TL. Has anyone else experienced this or know of another fix?
Old 04-14-2013, 05:26 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 MDX dome light won't go off.

Hi,
I have the same problem.
I upgraded to LED interior lights last week.
Everything was working fine for a week.
I had no electrical issues prior to this.
This weekend I opened instrument cluster to find out bulb size etc.
Cleaned the battery contacts.
Yesterday noticed that ALL dome lights stays on even after I close all doors and car is locked.
It even stays on after you start the car.
Previously once you got in car and closed the doors it would dim out in few mins (OR if you started the car it would go off).
Door open indicator in the dash indicates all 5 doors are closed.
I individually opened each door, pressed rubber switch and noticed that door lights go OFF when I press on the switch (NOT the dome lights though they stay on).
For now I pulled the plug from passenger side fuse panel.

I think it's related to relay or I blew a fuse when cleaning the battery contacts.

Did your problem got resolved? If so how?
Any suggestions for mine?

Thanks,
Robert
Old 04-14-2013, 08:35 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
happy ending...

Ok so this morning (after leaving dome light fuse out overnight) I put it back.
AND....
Everything is working as expected...
I guess with battery disconnect something needed a reset. Glad I pulled the fuse. I am wondering may be I left the master switch on console to ON instead of DOOR position since I was working on the cluster.

Oh well now on to cluster LED upgrade, anyone has recommendation on blubs for cluster panel? (03 MDX).

Thanks,
Robert