Loud Squeeky Noise coming from Front Passenger Suspension Possibly Strut or Spring

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 04:47 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Loud Squeeky Noise coming from Front Passenger Suspension Possibly Strut or Spring

Just Bought a Pearl White 07-TL in Dec, well so far so good until yesterday, I was parking my car when I heard squeking coming from the front passenger wheel well at first I thought it was my brakes but when I parked my car and went to the other side and pushed down gently on my hood I heard the squeek so I opened the passenger side door and jumped slightly on the stepper(or whatever it is called) I clearly heard the squeeky noise from the wheel well and yelled f**k, I just payed $47g's Canadian last month and this s**t happens. I did try the same thing on the driver side and no squeek. I can't make it to the dealer until Saturday, today is Monday, because I really can't miss work and when I finish work the service dept is closed. So Saturday it is. If anyone knows what the problem might be please fill me in appreciate it. Thanks

Check Out My Ride!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2962511
Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
i probably wouldnt worry about it, unless it progresses.

could be the nasty cold weather
Old 01-17-2008, 03:19 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you didn't get ripped off on your purchase. the TL is a great car. and yours is just new...give it time to wear in a lil. like a new pair of sneakers...or

-get a can of penetrating lube, and grease up generously around top/bottom of springs, upper and lower arm connections, strut shafts, bushings, etc.

they need to work in a bit. if its nothing major, i wouldn't sweat the small stuff.

thats what i did with my new car. and the doors made some squeak... must've been sitting on the dealer lot lonely for a long time until i showed up .
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 AM
Advanced

So they say it is a bad knuckle and bearing

I can't believe this after a month of ownership and my knuckle and bearing are broken. I heard from other people that when they offload the vehicles that they just drop them from a certain distance to the ground, so maybe this is what they have done. Or a just got a bad knuckle. Well see if this is the actual problem.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by White__Phantom
I can't believe this after a month of ownership and my knuckle and bearing are broken. I heard from other people that when they offload the vehicles that they just drop them from a certain distance to the ground, so maybe this is what they have done. Or a just got a bad knuckle. Well see if this is the actual problem.
They are also replacing my front passenger ball joint. Wow only a month old and when it is in for it's first service I will get them to track down all my rattles especially the steering wheel rattle just drives me nuts when I am on the bluetooth.