Interior aluminum trim molding (missing clip, where art thou?)

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior aluminum trim molding (missing clip, where art thou?)

Hi guys,

I'm new, I recently bought a '04 TL (NBP 6SPD) and have been reading everything here religiously. I must say you guys are awesome, and now I am awesome too.

Mine's relatively quite clean, more so than most others that I looked at, and the previous owner seems to have maintained it well judging from the meticulously kept maintenance journal.

Except that he/she had to scratch the aluminum trim molding when buckling up. I bought the replacement part ($56) and replaced it today. I pulled out the old one carefully, but I heard something break/pop when trying to pull off the last two pins. It turns out that the penultimate clip got loose and went missing into the dark behind the panel.

I felt a little uncomfortable about the idea of a sharp piece of metal running around in the stomach of my car, so I decided to open it up and find it. I followed the instruction given in "comptech short shifter installation" (what a great write up by jimbnova!) and took out the panel under the steering wheel and the side panel next to it. I looked everywhere, but couldn't find the damn thing Man I hope that it will find its place, sit there forever and just don't touch anything...

I'm thinking about getting a deck lip spoiler (OEM) - buy it cheaper from oemacuraparts.com and have it installed at the dealer - I presume it's covered by the warranty then?
Old 03-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My aluminum trim molding on both front door panels has dents in it from people buckling up I assume and I dented it myself on accident using a slim jim to get into the car after it locked with my keys inside.

Where do I find these aluminum pieces and how do you replace them?