I need a new Wheel_Bearing

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 04:55 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts
I need a new Wheel_Bearing

I hear a humming noise coming from the back, seem like its on the rear left but could be rear right. I called Acura parts department and they told me its $174 and change for a wheel bearing hub assembly. I think i found it on acuraoemparts.com for less money but not sure which one it is exactly. They also told me that the rear is the same for both of the sides. Could anybody pinpoint as to which one to buy

thanks everyone....
Old 11-09-2010, 06:11 PM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What kind of car
Old 11-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Just make certain it's not the tires before wheel bearing replacement.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

I made a stupid turn a while back and my car went sideways, funny thing is, after the repair my car drove better then ever before ) that thing aside but one of the problems was the front left bearing i believe which they fixed but the rear later on always seemed that it wasnt ok either, It wasnt that audible either but if you paid attention to it you could notice it. Now that it got colder and some time passed the noise became much more pronounced and its pretty much the same noise i had with the first one. maybe not as loud but same noise...

Last edited by BukvaMan; 11-09-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
the rear wheel bearing seems to be a weak spot on the TL, based on my gen2 and our many wearouts of that part

If you have a high pitched whine- described by one ziner as airplane sound- thats likely a rear--and for some reason the RR goes out more often~
easy diy,,get parts at parts store
Old 11-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by BukvaMan
I hear a humming noise coming from the back, seem like its on the rear left but could be rear right. I called Acura parts department and they told me its $174 and change for a wheel bearing hub assembly. I think i found it on acuraoemparts.com for less money but not sure which one it is exactly. They also told me that the rear is the same for both of the sides. Could anybody pinpoint as to which one to buy

thanks everyone....
I'll be surprised if it's a bearing...(assumes no damage to the rear area).

Are you sure you don't have tire cupping? Take a close look at both rear tires, paying particular attention to the inside edge of the tread.

When was the last time you had your alignment checked?

I disagree with 01tl4tl about rear bearing beings a weak spot on 3G TLs..Maybe a weak spot on other TL generations, but not 3G
Old 11-10-2010, 04:33 PM
Three Wheelin'

The Tires have around 15 000 miles on them....when my mechanic was looking for the bearing problem he didnt notice anything loose really but what he noticed was a little bit of uneven tire wear. So that could be an issue i guess. I didnt get an alignment for a while now... I could rotate my tires to see if the noise changes to the front. The thing is, I somehow believe its the bearing since its the same exact noise im hearing when i did have the first bearing problem. And also when we took a test drive for him to pinpoint the noise he said yeah it is the bearing. You start hearing it when you reach around 35mph and then when slowing down to a stop you hear it almost all the way...

Last edited by BukvaMan; 11-10-2010 at 04:35 PM.