Help! - Car Alarm won't stop going off TL'05

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 04:23 PM
8th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help! - Car Alarm won't stop going off TL'05

Hi everyone,

I have an 05' TL and a problem has come up today with the car alarm randomly going off around every 5-10 minutes. It is raining today in CA, so I'm kind of curious if that is the problem since it hasn't rained in awhile and this problem never occurred before until today. My coworkers are starting to get annoyed and I would have to constantly run up and down from the work building to turn the car alarm off via the keyless remote.

Things to note:
My passenger side door actuator is defective so the door has always been on lock in order to lock the car with my car remote. I'm not sure if this may be the cause of the problem since I've had it like this for like a month now. I left it unlock for now and the car alarm stopped going off.

I heard around that it may be an issue with the fuses in the fuse box or a hood latch sensor but I'm not sure. I called a few mechanics and they are not sure as well, they insisted that I go to a dealership but that is way too expensive.

I made sure all the doors were locked and shut tight but it did not fixed the problem. I tried to manually lock the doors with my key only to experience the car alarm going off 3 mins later.

I'm lost here and was hoping if you guys can help me out.

Thanks!
Old 01-06-2016, 07:27 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Similar?

https://acurazine.com/forums/problem...ng-out-889340/
Old 01-08-2016, 01:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
hood latch
weak battery